Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

Additions To 125 Opinions

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Dycofree, May 24, 2019.

1. Dycofree Well Known Member Member

Hey all! Long time no post. Been in the hobby for multiple years now and have a very, very stable 125 gallon stocked with 1 Red spotted severum (male), 7 Denison Barbs, 12 Cory Cats, and two BN plecos. Unfortunately for me, my plecos have decided to breed and I saw the first baby yesterday. I believe my Severum has already begun picking them off, which as awful as it sounds makes my life easier. However, Id like to avoid this a second time and will be rehoming my male this weekend. Im looking to add in something else on the bottom in his replacement. For this I’ve been thinking 4 or so Yoyo Loaches to liven things up. Thoughts? Tank is filtered by 2 Aquatop Cf500uv filters. Two 25% water changes a week. Thanks guys!

2. A201 Well Known Member Member

That sounds like a good plan to me. I'm a big fan of YoYo Loaches. I keep Y. Modesta (Blue) Loaches & one Berdmorei Tiger Botia. Be sure to look up the Modestas, mine are active day and night & built like tanks. The Berdmorei is a very colorful, feisty Botia. Not too common, but not rare. I recommend both species.