Additional Stocking Help 20 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by j_hebert_88, Dec 30, 2009.

1. j_hebert_88

j_hebert_88 New Member Member

Hello again everyone. I have another question for your expertise. I am currently waiting for my tank to finish cycling with Tetra Safe Start. I currently have 4 guppies, 4 neon tetra, 2 peppered cories, and 9 ghost shrimp. I am not going to add anything else until it is completely cycled but was wondering how many more neon tetras i could add safely without overstocking my 20 g. (24"x12"x16"), and how many I should add at a time to not throw off the cycle. Thanks again for all of your help. I have learned so much over the last couple months.

2. Shawnie

Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

once the tank has had a full week or even 2 weeks of a good cycle, I would say you would be ok with adding 4 more tetras....I hope the cycle goes well for you and your fin babies!!!!!!

3. OP
    OP
    j_hebert_88

Thanks, I just lost one of the small tetra. When the tank is completely cycled if i do get another 4-6 neon tetra, do i add them all at once or do I add 2-3 then wait a week or two and add another 2-3?

4. Shawnie

Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

tetras have a small bioload..but adding a few at a time is ok also..because you have some there already....im sorry for the loss of one of them :( good luck with the rest!

5. OP
    OP
    j_hebert_88

so it would be ok to add them all at once

6. Meenu

Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

I'm sorry your neon didn't make it.

I think you could add them at once, but you should wait a few weeks. Neons like a tank that's a little better established. But if I were you, I would add 3 neons and another cory.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice