Additional Stocking For 15 Gallon Fluval Flex With Betta Help 

spike98

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I'm looking for possible small fish I could pair with my Betta. I've kept cherry shrimp and harlequin rasboras with him before. The other fish never bothered him and he never bothered them, with the shrimp he chased a few here and there but eventually gave up. I have a large rock sculpture I made and driftwood in the tank so I could break some of the sculpture down to make more room for the new fish if I need too. There's not alot of ground room with the wood and rock.

I'm thinking of possibly getting more shrimp as the older ones passed but I would like to add a small school of small fish that wouldn't bother them or maybe do a shrimp colony with the Betta.

Any opinions and ideas welcome, thanks for the help.

Joshuaharestad

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
spike98 said:
I'm looking for possible small fish I could pair with my Betta. I've kept cherry shrimp and harlequin rasboras with him before. The other fish never bothered him and he never bothered them, with the shrimp he chased a few here and there but eventually gave up. I have a large rock sculpture I made and driftwood in the tank so I could break some of the sculpture down to make more room for the new fish if I need too. There's not alot of ground room with the wood and rock.

I'm thinking of possibly getting more shrimp as the older ones passed but I would like to add a small school of small fish that wouldn't bother them or maybe do a shrimp colony with the Betta.

Any opinions and ideas welcome, thanks for the help.
I have two african dwarf frogs in with my betta. Not everyone is a fan but they get along. Guppies that aren't too betta like are one option that I haven't tried.

RyanC14

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
8-10 rasboras or tetras, a bunch of shrimp and a snail is what I would do. You could also try endlers, pygmy cories or otos maybe?

FeederGuppies

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom