Adding Yoyo Loaches Or Otocinclus

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Leah Morris, Jul 30, 2017.

1. L

Leah Morris New Member Member

My tank currently:
    37 gallons with 1 dwarf gourami, 6 neon tetras, 2 guppies, 2 mollies, 2 kuhli loaches

My Pleco recently passed away and I'm looking for another fish to take over their algae-cleaning job. I've always loved the little otos, so I was looking into them.
    However, I've always wanted some yoyo loaches.

Do you guys think there is a way I could get some of each? I realize that may be getting the aquarium close to being over-stocked...

2. andychrissytank

andychrissytank Valued Member Member

The coolies like the school if you wanted to go that route and add maybe 1-2 more based on your current stocking first.
    If you feel the coolies are fine as is it would depend on your water change schedule and filter capacity to load 4 minimum otos (they like groups too)

3. OP
    OP
    L

Leah Morris New Member Member

I used to have 5 kuhlis... right now my 2 seem okay and I don't think I'd want to get more unless I have to
    I was thinking maybe 5-6 otos

4. andychrissytank

andychrissytank Valued Member Member

What filter do you have?
    Also, do you know the genders of the guppies and mollies?

5. aquatickeeper

aquatickeeper Fishlore VIP Member

What are the dimensions?

6. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

I'd up the kuhli loaches to 8, same with the neon tetras. Then I'd suggest getting 3 nerite snails. Yoyo loaches get too big for this size tank.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice