Adding To Stock After Tank Upsize 60 Gallon Tank 

kcanmllvr

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I'm finding so much conflicting information online about what would be compatible in my tank. I'm just trying to do my best.

I just upsized to a marineland 60 gallon (though aqadvisor says its actually 66.9 gallons)
Currently I have
1 gold ram
3 emerald cory cats (I'm definitely adding more of them)
7 Tiger barbs

I've had these all together for almost 2 years with no issues in a 35 gallon. But now that I have more space I'd like to add more fish.
I know I'd like to regrow my emerald cory group for sure.
I would like some Otos also. Or something similar. I think they're super neat.
And then for the rest I was hoping to get like a "centerpiece" or something a little bigger and also colourful but I've learned that tiger barbs won't get along with many of what I was originally looking at (when I originally got the tiger barbs I wasn't told they could be problematic and I was just starting out so I didn't have any research, but I've yet to have any problems so maybe I got lucky). Reading online, some people have said to grow the tiger barb school so they're more focused on themselves. I've also read to add some other species of barbs to help with this though there seems to be a lot of conflicting info online for all of this.
I also don't want my Gold Ram to get upset or anything.

oh and my husband is also particularly fond of snails, he likes the mystery snails so we may be adding some of those if they'll do ok with the other fish I decide to get.

TucanSam

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
What were you originally looking at? Tiger barbs can be rough in a community tank because they are "Semi aggressive", but larger groups of them helps diminish any fin nipping behavior. They should be in groups of at least 6 imo.

kcanmllvr

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
TucanSam said:
What were you originally looking at? Tiger barbs can be rough in a community tank because they are "Semi aggressive", but larger groups of them helps diminish any fin nipping behavior. They should be in groups of at least 6 imo.
Originally I was thinking of adding some different cichlids, because I love many of them, or a gourami but after researching, I don't know.
Currently, my gold ram actually hangs out with my tiger barbs and basically schools with them sometimes, so they must not be too mean. But if I added more like I was originally planning to what if they get more mean?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom