Adding To School

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by ChrisA, Jul 11, 2017.

1. ChrisANew MemberMember

Hi. I currently have 3 Corys in a 30g, but understand they are more comfortable in larger groups so I'd like to add 2 more. Question is... if I only buy 2 more and put them in a 10 gallon quarantine tank for a couple of weeks, does it stress them out to be in too small of a school for that time? i.e. is it ok to add a small amount of fish if they are not isolated for too long?

I'll have the same issue if I want to add more Cardinal Tetras... i.e would it be ok to add 3-4 more and keep them in isolation tank for 2-3 weeks.

Thanks!

2. BottomDweller

BottomDwellerFishlore VIPMember

If it's only for a short period of time they will be fine. It is so important that fish are quarantined. If you do not quarantine them for long enough you are putting your old 3 in danger.

3. kayla.s

kayla.sWell Known MemberMember

I had a cory that was alone in a tank for 4 months and still acted normal. Just introduced another 4 now and he is getting along fine with them, though they are not the same species of cory. So to answer the question, yes yours will be fine ;)

4. aquatickeeper

aquatickeeperFishlore VIPMember

They are fine in a small tank like this temporarily for a few weeks. Keep in mind that there needs to be at least 6 in a school and they have to all be the same species.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice