Question Adding to my 20g L

Woodsman27

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I am thinking of adding some more fish to my planted 20 gallon long. Currently I have 8 serpae tetras and a pair of bolivian rams, I'd like to add 6 cory and 4 more serpae... would that work? I know the cory and rams would be competing for food on the bottom but not sure how much of a problem that would really be.

jmaldo

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Sure, I have kept Corys with Bolivians for years, never a problem with everyone having enough to eat. It is recommended to have a minimum of 6 together they like company. But over the years I have a pair of Peppered and a trio of Sterbai sharing tanks. Works for me.
If you chose the additional stocking at that point I feel your tank would be at capacity. Just remember water changes and tank maintenance.

Good Luck!

e_watson09

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I think you're pushing stocking. Especially in the middle level of your tank. I wouldn't add more tetras. You can probably get away with a type of smaller cory cats

OP
Woodsman27

Woodsman27

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Dang, they didn't have any cory at the store I go to, so I picked up 3 black mollies and 4 mystery snails... hope thats not too much... either way I'm not adding any more because I too fear I am really pushing my stocking.

The reason I got the mollies is because I needed to break up the tank. The tetras aren't really schooling at all, they just kinda poke around the bottom with my rams. As for the snails, well I just like snails lol

JettsPapa

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Woodsman27 said:
. . . The reason I got the mollies is because I needed to break up the tank. The tetras aren't really schooling at all, they just kinda poke around the bottom with my rams. As for the snails, well I just like snails lol
That's a good thing. It means they're comfortable in the tank and feel safe.

OP
Woodsman27

Woodsman27

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I guess that is a good thing! Right now they are all just checking each other out at mid/bottom level. They will calm down as soon as they all adjust. Same with the snails.

New Threads