Adding stock

ty lawrence

I will be adding stock to 2 tanks and a quarantine tank in the next few days. I lost almost all of my fish during the freeze in Texas and have slowly re-cycled the tanks so I'm ready to get them stocked properly.
1) 10 gallon with two 2 (or possibly 3 - one likes to hide) Celestial Pearl Danios. It will be a species only tank so how many can I add at once?
2) 20 L with 4 Neon tetras. I plan to have a total of perhaps 10 or 12 with 3 or 4 panda cories when it's fully stocked.
3) 10 gallon quarantine tank for pandas.

The LFS store I get my stock from is not a convenient drive from my home, so I would like to get as many as I can for each tank at once. The prices and the health of the stock make it worth the drive but it's a pain. The store is highly recommended by local fish hobbyists in my area. They quarantine their stock before they go on sale and they supply a lot of the LFS in the area. Since I have so few current fish, I plan to only quarantine the cories. Anyone have suggestions about how many per tank and what the water change schedule I would need to accommodate the addition fish? Thanks for your help.

CrackerboxPalace

You can add everything in at once, but make sure you're testing as often as possible and do water changes according to ammonia, nitrite, nitrate levels in the tanks. As for numbers, I've never kept CPDs before but my guess would be 10 of them max?? Be sure to get a couple more corys if you can, because you'll have room and they like larger groups.

Upvote 0

BigBeardDaHuZi

Yeah, if you're doing a couple water changes a week while you're waiting for your bacteria to catch up, that should be all right. Sometimes adding stock slowly is not an option

Upvote 0

ty lawrence

Thanks everyone. The replies make me feel better.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Tankseeker
Replies
Views
JettsPapa
Replies
Views
FishIord