Adding Some Platies

seth rodgers

Hello,
I have a 30 gallon with two mollies, three platies, a DG, and 4 corys currently. My filter is a 45g and I was told I could add some more. I would like to add either platies or fancy guppies. How many should I add? Either platies or guppies please.
Thanks

endlercollector

Are you mollies males or females? If they're females, and you get fancy male guppies, they will hybridize. If you want to avoid that, then platies are the way to go. Of course, if you have male mollies, and you get male fancy guppies, you'll be fine. They'll just be disappointed

seth rodgers

endlercollector said:
Are you mollies males or females? If they're females, and you get fancy male guppies, they will hybridize. If you want to avoid that, then platies are the way to go. Of course, if you have male mollies, and you get male fancy guppies, you'll be fine. They'll just be disappointed
Right, all my fish are females except the DG. So in the case of getting platies or a platy. With my current stocking how many more could I add (female)?

endlercollector

seth rodgers said:
Right, all my fish are females except the DG. So in the case of getting platies or a platy. With my current stocking how many more could I add (female)?
It's very hard to buy platies that aren't pregnant, but there's a chance that your fish will eat most of the fry, and you'll be able to scoop out any remaining ones. I'd say that you have room for another 7 platies and 2 more cories to fill out their shoal. Do you have a lot of plants? They help to absorb waste.

seth rodgers

endlercollector said:
It's very hard to buy platies that aren't pregnant, but there's a chance that your fish will eat most of the fry, and you'll be able to scoop out any remaining ones. I'd say that you have room for another 7 platies and 2 more cories to fill out their shoal. Do you have a lot of plants? They help to absorb waste.
In my 30g? 7 more?? also I will definitely get more corys in the future. probably about two.

seth rodgers

endlercollector said:
also it is planted

endlercollector

seth rodgers said:
also it is planted
I'm sorry, I misread the post and thought you had a 45 gal. Make that 5-6 more platies and 2 cory cats.

seth rodgers

endlercollector said:
I'm sorry, I misread the post and thought you had a 45 gal. Make that 5-6 more platies and 2 cory cats.
Thanks man

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom