Adding Some Platies

endlercollector

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Are you mollies males or females? If they're females, and you get fancy male guppies, they will hybridize. If you want to avoid that, then platies are the way to go. Of course, if you have male mollies, and you get male fancy guppies, you'll be fine. They'll just be disappointed

seth rodgers

Valued Member
Reaction score
Are you mollies males or females? If they're females, and you get fancy male guppies, they will hybridize. If you want to avoid that, then platies are the way to go. Of course, if you have male mollies, and you get male fancy guppies, you'll be fine. They'll just be disappointed
Right, all my fish are females except the DG. So in the case of getting platies or a platy. With my current stocking how many more could i add (female)?

endlercollector

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Right, all my fish are females except the DG. So in the case of getting platies or a platy. With my current stocking how many more could i add (female)?
It's very hard to buy platies that aren't pregnant, but there's a chance that your fish will eat most of the fry, and you'll be able to scoop out any remaining ones. I'd say that you have room for another 7 platies and 2 more cories to fill out their shoal. Do you have a lot of plants? They help to absorb waste.

seth rodgers

Valued Member
Reaction score
It's very hard to buy platies that aren't pregnant, but there's a chance that your fish will eat most of the fry, and you'll be able to scoop out any remaining ones. I'd say that you have room for another 7 platies and 2 more cories to fill out their shoal. Do you have a lot of plants? They help to absorb waste.
In my 30g? 7 more?? also i will definitely get more corys in the future. probably about two.

seth rodgers

Valued Member
Reaction score
also it is planted

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom