Adding Reputation

1. kinezumi89 Fishlore VIP Member

I just learned about adding reputation points; I wish I had known earlier, because so many people have been so helpful! At any rate, I went to try and add points to people who have recently commented with useful information, but when I click on the scale icon, nothing happens. Are there conditions that must be met in order to add points? I read that you need at least 50 posts, but if that's the only condition then I should be able to add points.

Thank you! :)

2. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

I just tried it on you (I didn't do anything, though), and a little box pops up under it with two choices, and a comment box. :)

3. LyndaB Fishlore Legend Member

Are you trying to do the same person twice in a row? That's not allowed.

4. kinezumi89 Fishlore VIP Member

No, I've never gotten the box to pop up in the first place. I tried clicking on yours, Lynda, and nothing happened. Is it possible it has something to do with a popup blocker? Usually there's a notification that pops up saying "allow popups from this site?" if one tries to come up.

Well, I tried clicking on Akari's (right before I posted this comment)...and it worked! So then I tried clicking Lynda's again...and it worked too! I have no idea why it works sometimes and not others. I guess if I want to add reputation to someone, I might just have to try more than once.

5. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Weird lol Glad you got it to work, though :)

6. nissan4life Member Member

^^Lol :)

7. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

8. iZaO Jnr Well Known Member Member

If it isnt working, just give it some time. It could be a slow connection at the time you select the scale. I know i have this problem!