Adding Nutritious Substrate And Effective Lightening

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by beyn, Apr 19, 2018.

1. b

beyn New Member Member

Hi, I want to have a good planted aquarium.

1) First, I setup a led light system. As you can see in the picture, I've put 4 red, 4 blue, 17 white leds. You can see the aquarium. As far as I know, the ratio is 1 red, 1 blue and 4 white. I couldn't do it fully according to it, but regarding the aquarium picture, do you think the lightening is enough and good for planted tank? Sometimes I think that instead of 6 of white leds I should put 6 daylight leds? Or do you think is it good? It seems a bit too much white as I see usually more yellowish in planted tanks? Which is the ideal ratio for led lightening for aquariums among white, warm (day light) blue and red?
    in1.jpg

2in.jpg
    2) Second, as you can see the aquarium, I have guppies and other ones like snails. I used hagen gravel for my tank while setting the tank. But now I understand that for planted aquarium I should have put nutritious substrate for plant growth in the basis. Now it is very difficult for me to take everything out and do from scrath. So if I put gravel for plants on top of the gravel which is just inside the aquarium? Would it still be beneficial for plants? Or is it necessary to take out hagen gravel and put other substrate and on top of it,again I can put the former gravel? And which substrate or gravel do you advise for planted aquarium?

2. 1

123 Valued Member Member

I was also discussing how could I add the plant soil to my established aquarium. Someone had suggested to mix the soil with water and freeze as ice cubes and in portions add them under the gravel ( few at a time to not lower the temperature too much in one go) :) this is because I was afraid to get the water all muddy and cloudy with the dry soil.

This is the thread where we talked about it in comments Question - What Would You Want To Know ?

had

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice