Adding New Fish Advice.

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Richie99, May 22, 2018.

1. Richie99

Richie99 New Member Member

Hi folks,

I'd like to add one more fish to my tank. I have a 40 breeder with an Aquaclear 110 HOB. I have one common goldfish. I'd really like to get one more fish to keep this guy company and was wondering if I could get a fantail or if I should just stay with another common. I've heard that goldfish are social and would really like to add one more soon. Here is a photo of Frans and the tank setup. Thanks !

2. Smalltownfishfriend

Smalltownfishfriend Well Known Member Member

Common goldfish get huge... And their bioload is very large too!!! So I would definitely not add another fish.. your fish is very pretty and you have a very nice looking tank but the painful truth about common goldfish is they are suited for a pond... If you would consider rehoming your fish to a pond you could put probably 2to 4 fancy goldfish in their!!!!

3. Rtessy

Rtessy Fishlore VIP Member

Hi there, I'm in a similar situation to you. I too have a common, in a 60, but mine is severely stunted. I wouldn't recommend another common, or another fancy. Yours would easily eat much more food than the fancy and compete with it. Yours will be just fine alone, and just fine without a friend. Don't worry too much about it. Yours is gorgeous by the way. How old is yours?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice