Adding Neon Tetras Question

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by chdmom, Apr 20, 2018.

1. chdmomValued MemberMember

Hi everyone.

It’s been a while since I posted. The ICH has all been dealt with. I have slowly lowered the temp back down to 76 and my lone neon tetra has been doing great for a week and a half. Water parameters are 0.25/0/20 (was 0/0/20 two days ago) so I just did a 50% water change. I will check my nitrate in a couple hours again to make sure it’s went down. Assuming it has, how many neon tetras can I safely add today?

2. OnlyashesValued MemberMember

What size is the tank? Id go with at least 4-5 if everything looks good they are schooling. I always add a little safestart when I add fish and have never gotten a ammonia spike

3. chdmomValued MemberMember

It’s a 20 gallon tank.

4. OnlyashesValued MemberMember

With just the one fish in it? Then definitely add like 5

5. chdmomValued MemberMember

Yeah, I added 8 originally but my parameters were not good, ICH took hold, and I lost 7 of my tetras. That has all been dealt with appropriately and now everything is good so I’m ready to add some again.

6. chdmomValued MemberMember

Well so far we are 0 for 2. We checked our local pet store and they were treating their tetra tank for something, not ich she said, so they wouldn’t sell anything out of that tank. Totally understandable. Next stop, Petco. We looked at their tetras and I saw a couple spots on a fish here and there so we said no way. We are now off to Petsmart to see what their tetras look like. If they don’t look good then our tetra will remain a lone tetra for a while.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice