Question Adding More Fish...

EJohnson201912345

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I currently have 8 Yellow Phantom Tetras and they seem to be Hard to find. They live happily with my Betta. Should I get more or do you think 8 is enough for a 48 litre tank??

Thanks

J_Aquatics

Reaction score
I think 8 is a pretty good amount for your size tank as 5-6 really establish a school for captivity. To get them more active, I would maybe remove some decor and give them less places to hide, as there's really no reason for them to hide. If this doesn't work, I would add some sort of fish that will freely roam the tank, this will encourage the tetras and make them feel more comfortable about roaming the tank. I'm not an expert, but this has worked for me before.

OP
EJohnson201912345

EJohnson201912345

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
J_Aquatics said:
I think 8 is a pretty good amount for your size tank as 5-6 really establish a school for captivity. To get them more active, I would maybe remove some decor and give them less places to hide, as there's really no reason for them to hide. If this doesn't work, I would add some sort of fish that will freely roam the tank, this will encourage the tetras and make them feel more comfortable about roaming the tank. I'm not an expert, but this has worked for me before.
Thanks! I might remove some of the decor to see if that makes them more active. They are still very active and funny to watch

New Threads