Adding More Fish To 50g Community Tank

1. wibbylynn

wibbylynn Valued Member Member

I have a 50g high hexagon tank that currently has 4 female guppies (pregnant), 2 male guppies, 5 green cories, 5 peppered cories, 1 julii cory (I know he shouldn't be alone but the store only had 2 when I got him and one passed away, and when I went back to get more they all looked sick, plus he swims around with the other cories and seems happy), and 2 mystery snails.
    I'm starting to think of what to add next. The tank has black gravel and fake plants and a large fake log, I will attach a pic.

Attached Files:

2. B

BichirKeeper84 Valued Member Member

Maybe a nice school of peaceful tetras or rasboras would do well. You could also try a peaceful gourami like a honey or 3. How long is your tank

3. OP
    OP
    wibbylynn

Size is 21.5h x 18d x 30.5w

4. FishGirl38

FishGirl38 Valued Member Member

I agree with the above post. We've got bottom and top swimmers, I think we need some middle swimmers to finish it off.

Maybe...Glolight or neon tetra? glolight rasbora are neat.
    Would a school of rainbow fish be too much? They do get larger and you're sure to have more guppy soon...
    Some larger, eye-catchers would look nice.

5. B

BichirKeeper84 Valued Member Member

If you went with rainbows I'd stick to the smaller ones like praecox or threadfin

6. OP
    OP
    wibbylynn

I was thinking tetras as well. I like neons and black neons.

7. FishGirl38

FishGirl38 Valued Member Member

Cardinal tetra are similar to neons with a lighter blue and slightly bigger size. Ember tetra are bright but they stay smaller. Glolight tetra are the orange version of neons. There are also 'gold neons' that are like white/albino neons. There are 'Green fire tetra' those are similar to 'neon tetra' but with red and green.

Emperor and Kerri tetra are pretty but they can be expensive, same with congo tetra...but those also get larger.

Do you like the black skirt/bleeding heart type of tetra? with the bigger/wider body?

8. OP
    OP
    wibbylynn

I do, but my guppies are nippers.