Adding Goldvine Spider Driftwood

Corzz79

Member
Hi all,

Quick question regarding adding a new medium to large piece of driftwood. I’m making sure it’s curing now after boiling it etc. I’ve got a couple of plants to add to it, but my question is. I’ve got a few juvenile angelfish in my tank, do I remove the fish and then add the wood where I’m thinking or should I leave the fish and just add the wood? I don’t want to frighten them anymore than I need to

advice?
 

Betta'sAnonymous

Member
Taking the fish out would probably stress them more than adding the wood. Usually what i do when i add a piece to a tank with fish in it is i do it when i do a water change. The fish are already distracted that way by something that they are used to. Then they can indulge their curiosity with a new piece after you fill the tank back up.
 

emmykenzie

Member
Betta'sAnonymous said:
Taking the fish out would probably stress them more than adding the wood. Usually what i do when i add a piece to a tank with fish in it is i do it when i do a water change. The fish are already distracted that way by something that they are used to. Then they can indulge their curiosity with a new piece after you fill the tank back up.
During a water change as this lovely individual suggested should be the perfect opportunity. Sometimes netting them and taking them out can be more stressful than anything else. I always find it helps to have someone else who can be your exterior eyes when aquascaping! Best of luck and please post pictures!
 
  • Thread Starter

Corzz79

Member
Betta'sAnonymous said:
Taking the fish out would probably stress them more than adding the wood. Usually what i do when i add a piece to a tank with fish in it is i do it when i do a water change. The fish are already distracted that way by something that they are used to. Then they can indulge their curiosity with a new piece after you fill the tank back up.
Ok now I’m embarrassed and cannot believe I didn’t actually think of that myself. Haha. It’s quite simple and makes perfect sense. But thank you immensely
emmykenzie said:
During a water change as this lovely individual suggested should be the perfect opportunity. Sometimes netting them and taking them out can be more stressful than anything else. I always find it helps to have someone else who can be your exterior eyes when aquascaping! Best of luck and please post pictures!
I don’t like stressing my fish out... it stresses me out seeing them stressed.

thank you for your advice/input xo
 

Betta'sAnonymous

Member
Corzz79 said:
Ok now I’m embarrassed and cannot believe I didn’t actually think of that myself. Haha. It’s quite simple and makes perfect sense. But thank you immensely

I don’t like stressing my fish out... it stresses me out seeing them stressed.

thank you for your advice/input xo
No worries. So much goes into running an aquarium the simple stuff is easy to overlook.
 

emmykenzie

Member
Corzz79 said:
Ok now I’m embarrassed and cannot believe I didn’t actually think of that myself. Haha. It’s quite simple and makes perfect sense. But thank you immensely

I don’t like stressing my fish out... it stresses me out seeing them stressed.

thank you for your advice/input xo
No worries!! Sometimes we just want what’s best so badly we stress ourselves into infinity! You’re a caring owner so definitely be proud of yourself!!
 

Latest threads

Top Bottom