Adding fish

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by brianbrod1, Aug 3, 2015.

1. brianbrod1

brianbrod1Valued MemberMember

Tank been up for 2 yrs now. Been keeping fairly small stock in 55 gallon. Have about 15 fish for past 6+ months. Wanna add 5 tiger and 5 albino tiger barbs. Is it OK to add all at once or 5 at a time over a 1 week period??

2. alink

alinkWell Known MemberMember

I would say 5 at a time. But do you mind stating the stock you have already so we can advise you of any conflicts the tiger barbs might bring up?

3. OP
    OP
    brianbrod1

brianbrod1Valued MemberMember

5 red serpae, 5 rosy tetra, 5 glo light tetra

4. alink

alinkWell Known MemberMember

From what I know, housing Tiger Barbs and Tetras together is not the best environment but idk if it could be done successfully. You will have to wait for someone else to answer that, maybe Anders247 knows better?

5. BDpups

BDpupsWell Known MemberMember

The barbs might work and might not. I have kept barbs in very large schools and they pick on each, but not he other fish. Housing them with tetra may not work. They may leave them alone too. Hard to say.

Odessa barbs might work better.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  6. Anders247

Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

I would agree with BDpups.....

7. MtnTigerWell Known MemberMember

Pretty large tank so if you have plenty of cover my guess is that it would work out.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice