ADDing fish

1. billy247 Initiate Member

Hey guys just wanted to know if i can add fish when i just did a water change ?

2. Fall River Member Member

From your aquarium info I think you're at the limit. Both size-wise and bio load. You're aware the RTS will need a much bigger tank?

3. billy247 Initiate Member

actually Fall River i just updated my profile sorry i have 1 Mollie in there 4 fake plants and 3 live

4. jdhef Moderator Moderator Member

Yes, you can add fish right after a water change. In fact, I think that is the best time to add fish, since that is the best the water quality will be until the next water change. Plus it gives the new fish the maximum time to settle in before being disrupted with another water change.

5. billy247 Initiate Member

Ok cool thanks jdhef :)

6. ryanr Moderator Moderator Member

+1 JD.

I'd also add, I'd acclimate to the new water, after the change. No point (IMO) acclimating to current parameters, then changing them just before adding the fish. There could be some pH differences, hardness, nitrate levels could also be slightly different after a change, not to mention temperature ;)

7. billy247 Initiate Member

Ok thanks ryanr also thanks guys for the quick response :D

8. mikegip Initiate Member

so u thinks the little changes with PH,nitrate ,temperature will not disturb the new fish's addition.
    I am sorry.I think maybe i haven't understand your opinion.
    I am a beginner to this.
    thx for your discuss.

9. ryanr Moderator Moderator Member

Hi Mike,
    Just to clarify, I meant do the water change, then acclimate the fish. Meaning once you've performed the water change, and the tank is full again, i.e. it's all mixed together again, acclimate the fish to this water.

I didn't mean acclimate to fresh water in the buckets.

10. mikegip Initiate Member

i see.i see.
    thx for your explain.