Adding Fish And Some?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Dantheman62445, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Dantheman62445Valued MemberMember

Hey all, my tank is flowing so far with 12 rummies. Looking to add some more fish. Those who don't know I have a 75 gallon tank. What to add?

12 rummy nose

Thinking maybe
    Gold gouromi- 2 females?
    6 albino Cory kat fish
    8 cherry barbs

I want some ideas of some peaceful community fish. Please help

What would you have?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  2. MattS99Well Known MemberMember

What temperature is your tank at? Cories prefer colder water than all of these fish.

3. Dantheman62445Valued MemberMember

4. Dantheman62445Valued MemberMember

What are some good bottom feeders and algae eaters

5. MattS99Well Known MemberMember

Sorry, no cories at 79. I'd look for other opinions on bottom feeders, but I've had success with rubbernose plecos in my tank. Maybe some kind of loach? Sorry, not much of a help here. Any questions on livebearers, tetras, or bettas/gouramis I probably have an answer.

6. MikeRad89Well Known MemberMember

Albino corys (c.aeneus) are fine at 79 degrees.

How about:

2-4x angelfish (not 3)
    12x rummynose
    8x boesmani rainbowfish
    12x cherry barb
    15x albino cory

7. Dantheman62445Valued MemberMember

What's the best gourami for a community tank. Can I have 2 without a problem. I love the color of the blue and the gold. Should both be females? How about.a betta and gouramis in my community

8. Dantheman62445Valued MemberMember

I heard angelfish are aggressive?

9. MattS99Well Known MemberMember

Do NOT mix bettas and gouramis. Honey gouramis are smaller and very peaceful, you could do 3 or 4 if you'd want. Angels can be aggressive, yes.

I feel like the angels would try to eat the rummynose or the rummynose would nip their fins.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2017
  10. Dantheman62445Valued MemberMember

I don't know.... !

11. AngelTheGypsyFishlore VIPMember

In a 75 you could do many different gourami (but just pick one). The most peaceful larger gourami is the pearl gourami. You could do 3-4 with no problem, and m-f ratio would not really matter. They will be fine with the barbs, rummys and cories. You could also do thick-lipped gourami. They are a gold color and are peaceful. With dwarf, blue, or gold gourami you could only do one male with 2-3 females. The males will fight with each other, sometimes to the death if one is not removed. There are also moonlights, opaline, and many others.

Albino cories would be fine, and you could easily do 12 or more! They are corydoras aeneus species, and some are a bronze/green color and some albino. You could mix these colors, as they are the same species, and they will School together. Another option is sterbai.

Without the gourami you could do angelfish with the rest of that stock, but I would not do more than 2 if you're not experienced with them. They are generally peaceful, until they are breeding. Then they will get territorial with the other fish to keep them from the eggs/fry. Also angels are picky about their mates, so the pair may not actually become a pair. Even established pairs can turn on each other and begin to fight. You could do it, just know it may be a gamble and you may need a backup plan.

12. Dantheman62445Valued MemberMember

Ok so.... I'm thinking...
    1 gold gourami
    1 pearl gourami
    12 rummynose tetras
    12 cherry barbs
    8 albino Cory cat

Anything else?

I feel it's gonna be overstocked. What you think?

What about Peacock Cichlid? And the lost i have?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2017
  13. AngelTheGypsyFishlore VIPMember

For the gold gourami, do you mean like a thick-lipped gourami or a gold variant of the blue gourami? The gold variant(and blue) are color morphs of the 3 spot gourami and are aggressive. I don't know that I would be comfortable mixing them with pearls do to their peaceful nature. You could definitely have up to 4 pearls though, or you could do a pair of pearls and a pair of thick-lipped or Honey gouramis, which have a golden color and are peaceful as well. I don't think you would be overstocked, in fact I think you could do more bottom dwellers if you wanted, either up the Cory shoal or add a small pleco, such as a bristlenose or rubber-lip, maybe a clown. Or you could mix a group of corydoras with a group of khuli loaches.

Edit: just saw that next post.
    I'm not very knowledgeable on many cichlids, but you could do Bolivian rams or German blue rams, depending on the temp you plan on. Bolivians like cooler water, Germans need 78+. Most of the fish you listed like warmer water. I wouldn't keep it below 76F.

14. Dantheman62445Valued MemberMember

So after some research

12 rummynose
    2 angle fish
    8 bosmoni rainbow fish
    10 albino Cories
    I want them to have plenty room.
    I have a big centerpiece ornament too
    -this is the tank

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  15. AngelTheGypsyFishlore VIPMember

The tank looks great! Love the large wood piece!

I'm not sure about the stock list, only because I'm not too knowledgeable on the rainbows. Pretty sure they're temp compatible, but I'm not confident about choosing the number as they get larger. @TexasDomer will know better.

16. KimberlyGFishlore VIPMember

That sounds good. (I wouldn't add the peacock)

17. TexasDomerFishlore LegendMember

Should be fine!

18. Dantheman62445Valued MemberMember

I went out and purchased what I could so far. Tank update...

12 rummynose
    2 marble anglefish
    5 albino Cory cat.... to be continued...

19. Dantheman62445Valued MemberMember

How long does it take for angle fish to adapt to the new environment? They are just chilling on the bottom next to my filter inlet.

20. TexasDomerFishlore LegendMember

I would give them a few days to settle in.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice