adding clown loaches...???

skippi

Valued Member
Reaction score
I am getting some clown loaches on mondayish and was wondering which fish/loaches I should keep in my 55 gal with them and how many should I get. I have shred my platy and guppies with a friend so I have less and have since inherited yet another tank. I have updated my profile to include all my tanks and fish in them. I can rearrange as needed. So any and all thoguhts and suggestions will be helpful

Thanks
Heidi

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Skippi you will love your clown Loaches and as you know I'm sure from all the discussion around the forum they should if at all possible be kept in groups of three or more, and in about a year you will need a larger tank I have angels and larger neons in with mine so I think any of your neons would be fine. But I'm afraid any thing else on the bottom unless maybe a bristlenose or something like that to keep the tank clean later might cause territory wars, especially since the other loaches have already been in the tank. Clowns like lots of caves though they will swim at all levels eventually. just some thoughts
Carol

skippi

Valued Member
Reaction score
Ok so if I keep my clowns in the 55 where should I relocate the loaches that are in there now??? If I relocate the loaches would I be able to readd some of them later or are clown loaches the only kinda loach that is going to able to be in the tank???

Heidi

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom