Adding cherry barbs to zerba danio/cardinal neon???

sublime
I brought I lushly planted tank and it had cherry barbs in it (yea for free fish) and would like to know if it would be ok to add them to my zebra danio and cardinal neon tank. Will the cherry barbs pick on the neons, they are about the same size?

Thanks

Barbrella
Your cherry barbs will be fine with the neons.

Faye Rod
Do you have a minimum of six Cherry Barbs? All of the info I read said to get six - we are enjoying ours. They chase each other all over the tank. They haven't bothered the guppies or pleco - just swim all around with each other. They like the tunnels and make really fast turns - they swim at all levels of the tank also.

COBettaCouple
how big is the tank that you want to add them to? Try to stay at or under the 1 gallon per adult inch of fish guideline if possible for better tank health.

Blub
Hi!

It says in Faye's aquarium info, Dave.

COBettaCouple
Yes, but sublime is the one asking.

sublime
I have about 10 cherries....so it should not be a problem...right now the 20 gal is maxed out if all the neons, barbs and danios would full grown so I think the cherries are going to stay in the planted tank till I decide who is doing where....

Would the cherries or danios be fast enough to live in a 30 gallon with two female opal gouraimI and a pictus? (everyones been pretty mellow in that tank thus far)...

Barbrella
Cherry barbs do not like being harassed. They're very timid and should be kept with other peaceful fish.

If your gourami or pictus do not bother them, they should be fine as long as they have plants or other cover to take refuge in and of course as long as other inhabitants aren't big enough to eat them!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
JesseMoreira06
Replies
Views
justkeepswimming123
Replies
Views
seifersan
Replies
Views