50 Gallon Tank Adding another Angel.

Wolfgang8810

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I have had my 56 gallon tank for almost 2 years now and about 6 months ago my heater went on the fritz and cooked most of my other fish in the tank so now i have alot of extra room.

Currently there is one fairly large Koi angel and 3 cherry barbs in the tank.

Would it be possible for me to add another angel to the tank?

Here is a picture of my current angel as thanks for reading and answering :)

107.jpg

harpua2002

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I don't think the angel you have now would appreciate a newcomer. LOL. Angels can be quite territorial with conspecifics. What about increasing your numbers of cherry barbs and/or cardinals?

Wolfgang8810

Well Known Member
Reaction score
You are probably right. Although My tank will be completly redone to break up any territories. Maybe I need some more Bolivian Rams

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have the exact pair to your koi!!! they are amazing looking fish...is the angel you have now a bully? I think another would be awesome...same size would be best....and if you can find a male (as yours looks like a male but not 100% ) that would be best so you dont have a mating pair who would terrorize the tank if they spawn(unless you want a mating pair then another tank would be great MTS ;D)....you may have to take out your current one and redo the tank as you said then add the new one first ....I had to do that with my koi as they were totally loner fish before I got a mate....but as always, having a back up plan is a must...56 gals is plenty of space for another ...having some tall, big leafed plants are great for hiding spots also...silk or real they dont mind either...

Wolfgang8810

Well Known Member
Reaction score
MTS has already run its course in my house having over 11 tanks set up at one time now im happy with my 4. He doesn't bully anyone really. The cherry barbs in there now have never been bullied. He is a really cool fish. Lets me hand feed him it is sure a sight.

Sharkitty

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
He's pretty! If I get a large tank at some point I definitely want angels, and koi ones! I don't have much to offer here, but your tank looks great.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom