Adding A Betta

Amber Fuschetto

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
jmarks said:
With a filter running, fresh dechlorinated water, and a bigger home....the fish will be fine. Do you have a heater running?

Also, can you recap the equipment you have?

20 gallon tank,
what type of filter?
heater?
which chemicals did you buy?
what food do you have?
do you have lights for the tank?
20 gallon tall tank
Aquaclear power filter : 10-30 us gallon aquariums
Food: omega one flakes
Heater: Aqueon 100 watts ( has a blue turn knob on the top )

jmarks

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I hope you are ready!...now that we have gotten you squared away, you are about to fall in love!

You will soon be researching more fish and I see a new small aquarium in your future! Betta will go the new aquarium, while you start the 20 backup with an assortment of small tetras or mollies....haha... I keep a betta in an aqueon (2.5 gallon i think) and have 2 other tanks (36 gal and 15 gal).....my wife will kill me if i try and get another as we live in a townhome and dont have room........cant wait to get a house with a basement (i mean epic fish room)

Amber Fuschetto

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
jmarks said:
I hope you are ready!...now that we have gotten you squared away, you are about to fall in love!

You will soon be researching more fish and I see a new small aquarium in your future! Betta will go the new aquarium, while you start the 20 backup with an assortment of small tetras or mollies....haha... I keep a betta in an aqueon (2.5 gallon i think) and have 2 other tanks (36 gal and 15 gal).....my wife will kill me if i try and get another as we live in a townhome and dont have room........cant wait to get a house with a basement (i mean epic fish room)
Haha I would love to get better at the fish keeping hobby. I'd love to keep a saltwater tank when I get older, but for now I have to learn to handle a little betta.. LOL. I appreciate all the help you've given, it truly means a lot

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom