Addictions....

Status
Not open for further replies.

fish_r_friend

Well Known Member
Reaction score
i got them at a candy shop i think you can make them too try goggling "how to make Cinnamon tooth pics"

AnnaEA

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
There's a coldstone creamery here too -- we've been there once.  The ice cream is decent enough,  but the portions are obscenely large.  Like almost a quart of ice cream per person.

Anna

OP
E

EmpPleco

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Well I am on Day 8 (i think lol) now and I don't have any cravings at all so far!!!!!!!

I haven't even changed my patch yet this morning, so that is wonderful

The only thing I am afraid of is the fact that when I lower my nicotene dosage on the patch, if i am going to go through a mini withdrawal all over again

on a side (and happy) note: My car smells good now!! I haven't been able to vacuum the ashes out yet, because it's so cold, lol -- and my wipes that i use to wipe the ashes off my dashboard have frozen because i kept them in the trunk -- which was ultra stupid : but I DID put in a Yankee Candle Car Scent, and it smells wonderful!!! not to mention ALOT of febreezing lol

thanks for listening

EVERYone else okay these days ?

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Atamachine, then you've gotta go there and try their ice cream! They'll most definitely have something you like. They have something for everyone, mostly because you "custom make" your own ice cream there. You choose the flavor (or flavors) you like and choose what you'd like added to it (they have a range of things you can add to ice cream). Then they mix it all together and give it to you in a delicious waffle bowl (or you can have it without a waffle bowl - whatever you like).

My favorites are these:
(1) coffee ice cream with pecans and graham crackers in a waffle bowl
(2) vanilla (or french vanilla) ice cream with banana, roasted almonds, and graham crackers in a waffle bowl

If you like coffee and vanilla ice cream, you should definitely try my favorites! You'll love them! And if you like fruity flavors, they have those too, and try the one called "berry berry good" (lol). It's real good! I think what makes their ice cream so delicious is that they make theit own ice cream - it's always so fresh and has the best taste in the world.

OK, enough, now I want some ice cream!

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
When I quit smoking, about 30 years ago, I went to a seminar and they told us that grapefruit and citrus juices helped to rinse the nicotine out of your system. I do not know if this was wishful thinking but I drank a bathtub full of grapefruit juice while I was quitting and it did seem to help.

Keep up the good work, EmpPleco and RoboDude. Every day is one more behind you and just get up with the idea you will just not smoke for that day. You will deal with tomorrow when it gets here. It is easier when you only deal with one day at a time instead of a lifetime ahead of you.

Rose

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I have also heard that grapefruit juice is good for smokers, and grapefruit is generally a very healthy fruit for everyone.

OP
E

EmpPleco

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Well i got through another day.. lol - that counts for something right?!? lol

anywho -- i wonder if cranberry juice works just the same? I know that it is good to prevent urinary infections, but not sure about it's helpful effects with anything else. lol i don't know what i would do if i had to drink grapefruit juice lol -- can't stand it!

BLAH! ;D

thanks for the advice ladies

newbie101

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I like grapefruit but HATE the juice plain :-X :-X :-X It's just too bitter without the fruit

OP
E

EmpPleco

Well Known Member
Reaction score
yuck i hate both lol both seem overly bitter to me hehe

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Then try the aversion technique- If you smoke you have to drink a glass of Grapefruit juice LOL
Carol

OP
E

EmpPleco

Well Known Member
Reaction score
LoL that would really punish me. lol

Well anyway.. ON this saturday it will be two whole weeks!!! A week and a half right now. But anywho -- I gained two pounds

So I am going on a major diet on the 20th LOL!

I don't want to gain weight!! nO NO NO NO

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I like grapefruit juice too. It may be a bit bitter but it adds to the taste in a way. And I only drink grapefruit juice squeezed out of fresh grapefruit. I hate the fake g. juice (bottled) from the store. Same goes for orange juice.

Is it really true that when you quit smoking, you gain weight? Why and how does that happen?

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
From what I understand when a smoker quits smoking they still feel the urge to put something in their mouth so they put food in instead of a cigerette. It's called oral gratification. Thus the weight gain. Your body can fluctuate as much as five pounds from morning to night so don't stress the two pounds.
Emppleco I don't know that I'd try a full blown diet right now. It's really hard to do two things at once. Maybe just keep something low in calories to eat or drink close at hand and indulge yourself.
when you get tired of plain water try flavored water. You can flavor your own by squeezing a lemon or orange into a glass of water.
Pick your battles. Good Luck
Carol

OP
E

EmpPleco

Well Known Member
Reaction score
You're right -- maybe I won't start a diet.. I'll just establish a good exercise routine or something. and keep alot of fruit around the house.

But i did read somewhere that you should reward yourself twice a month for not smoking with the money u save from not smoking -- that way you can afford to get some pretty nifty stuff that you would never normally bought yourself.

So next week I am getting myself the new Motorola SLVR cell phone that can play iTunes too i can't wait! It's too bad i can't reallly spend my extra money on more aquariums .. i don't have any more room in my little apartment

newbie101

Well Known Member
Reaction score
the answer to a no space problem: Bettas! Get a few 5 gallon aquariums (Marineland Eclipse systems have some good xheap kits, or the MiniBow 5) And they also make "corner aquariums" also in 3-5 gallons, if you really have no space at all.

OP
E

EmpPleco

Well Known Member
Reaction score
well what i really wanted was a few fancy tailed guppies in a biorb 8 gallon, but my fiance thinks we have too many aquariums in our tiny apartment already i might have to override him on that lol - besides i already have a spoiled little betta in his glory in a 10 gallon lol

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Surely you haven't spoiled Mitch . I cannot imagine how hard it is to spoil a betta . Good luck and keep up the good work. If you reward yourself just try not to make it a food reward, it will help to keep the weight down. A new outfit perhaps? or like Emma suggested a new aquarium and fish? It wouldn't take many cigarettes to pay for a bio-orb.

Rose

OP
E

EmpPleco

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I wish that were true Rose, but the only BiOrb that I have seen in my area is 100 buckaronis!!!!!!!!!!!! i couldn't believe it -- for an 8 gallon bowl!

my ten gallon tank cost let than 30!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 8.3%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 64 66.7%

Top Bottom