Addictions.... - Page 2

OP
E

EmpPleco

Well Known
LOL!! aww thank you all for caring!!!!!! I am doing really good and yes it has been 3 weeks now

I move down to 14 mg in a week, so I am excited because I see it as one more step to becoming nicotine free!!! hehehehehehehe

lol.. plus I am greatly benefitting from the extra money!!!! YAY!

anyway, thank you all so much for asking

PS> I am going to go to the store tomorrow and get some cranberry juice, lol

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Sorry RoboDude! My brain must not have kicked in right at that moment. Anyway congratulations on not smoking one way or another. I am sure your lungs thank you for it. :-[ :-[ :-[

Some days it does not pay to wake up. :-[ :

Rose

OP
E

EmpPleco

Well Known
Lol Rose, you crack me up -- you are very true though, lol. IN 3 DAYS IT WILL BE A FULL MONTH FOR ME!!! YAY!!! just one more month and I will be off the patch completely. I'm way too excited about it.

Anywho,

How is everyone else doing? I' ve been hearing a lot of people have been getting terribly sick.. Hope not around here

Jon

Well Known
GJ and GL... ive heard its very tough to do!

I drink sodas a lot too but I don't gain any weight... hooray for diet soda ^,^!

OP
E

EmpPleco

Well Known
That's the only bad thing -- I don't find myself eating a lot more, but I did (since I have quit smoking) go back from diet soda to regular soda. I guess I am probably looking at it the wrong way because the way I see it as I need to reward myself some how. but I still haven't gained any weight.

I did move down to 14 mg of nicotine yesterday, and I don't feel any withdrawal symptoms from the lower dose at all!

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Good for you! I have tried to keep up with things as you go through this. It makes me so proud of you to see you hanging in there.

How is the cranberry juice doing or have you given up yet?

Good going, I won't say good luck, I know this takes work - keep up the good work. ;D

Rose

OP
E

EmpPleco

Well Known
Thanks everyone for caring about little old me hehehe..

BTW I have been eating a lot of ice cream lately, lol I don't know what is up with that, but I am stopping that junk this coming monday. I am going on a diet. I have been lucky so far that I have only put on 3 lbs, usually a quitting smoker puts on like 10. so I figure before I gain more weight I will take it off!...

The cranberry juice is so good, I drink it a lot now -- in addition to taking Vitamin C supplements (because smoking just totally wipes out your vitamin C Supply, so I figure it couldn't hurt). Thank you all very much though! 1 month, and 4 days!!! I didn't think I would make it this far at first, but now I don't think I will EVER EVER EVER go back, and I don't want to! hehehe

OP
E

EmpPleco

Well Known
It is! LOL

It's hard to run from one side of the court to the other and hit the ball every time, but now I seem to be able to do it without any troubles! I have BREATH!!! lol

it's been a long time since I have experienced it lol

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
here we are at around a month and a half and are you still doing okay? I still think of you almost every day and how you are doing. The days are going to be better every one that goes by and since spring is here, just think of how much more you are going to feel like going out and doing since you do have all that BREATH.

I am so proud of you.

Rose

OP
E

EmpPleco

Well Known
Thanks Rose! I have been quit and going strong for 1 1/2 months, but I started gaining weight, so I'm on a diet, and have already lost 11 lbs! So yes, it's gets easier every day.

Now it's so much easier to run now that I don't lose my breath lol

newbie101

Well Known
I'll take those 11 pounds for you...lol...I actually wish I weighed a little more. My mom is really petite so I am too. I always have a hard time finding jeans that fit, as a result...I wouldn't mind gaining 10 pounds or so, but I can eat and eat and not gain a pound. It's kind of annoying. I eat more than most of my friends, too ???

OP
E

EmpPleco

Well Known
Just watch out, it might catch up with you one day!~

LOL! but I seriously wish I had that problem... eat and eat and eat and never gain a pound! lol. I am not obese or anything, but I definitely need to lose a couple more lbs to get to my goal weight. My weight fluctuates alot.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
How you doing EmpPleco? Hey Emma my brother was like that until recently. All his life I have always weighed more than him and as big as him and he's almost two years older than me but once he got in highschool he started gaining wietht. He ate a ton and never gained anything but now he has started to fill out and gain some weight so ya it might finally catch up to you. Though you should be glad you are under weight than overweight since our population in USA is severly obese. I don't know how it feels to be overweight since I'm not but I don't think it would be that great.(No offense to anybody here that is a little over wieght)

Isabella I finally went to Cold Stone cremery with whatsafish7, they are very expensive but you are right, they ARE GOOD.

Austin

OP
E

EmpPleco

Well Known
I'm doing very good everybody! I have been off my patch for almost 2 weeks now!!!!!!!!! wahoo!!!

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Emma said:
I'll take those 11 pounds for you...lol...I actually wish I weighed a little more. My mom is really petite so I am too. I always have a hard time finding jeans that fit, as a result...I wouldn't mind gaining 10 pounds or so, but I can eat and eat and not gain a pound. It's kind of annoying. I eat more than most of my friends, too ???
I have that exact same problem...except I'm fairly tall too

Great job EmpPleco!!!  You must feel so much now!  Keep it up!
EDIT: feel so much BETTER now
:

OP
E

EmpPleco

Well Known
Yes keeping a cold drink around definitely helps.

I know I haven't been on much recently, but my fish are all still doing great!!! (Chickadee, thanks for caring! Mitch is doing awesome)

Today is the 3 month anniversary (NO CIGARETTES!!) and I have continued to stay on my diet (just because I'm paranoid) and I have lost 20 lbs!

So I am doing very good. Thanks!

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Oh, congratulations, congratulations! 3 months and to lose 20 pounds in the meantime. Oh my goodness, such a lot to do in such a short time.

Do you have your finals all over with or are you on a different time frame in nursing school? All over with I hope, so you can enjoy your summer. (or do you get the summer off - we didn't but that was in the caveman days LOL)

I am so glad you came by to check in, and of course it is not just Mitch I was concerned about. I care about you too.

Anyway, I am glad to know all is okay and you are well.

Rose

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom