Addicting to daily water change

Mark2002

I have addicted to doing daily water change. replacing 1/3 water every time daily in more than 10 days.
Who would be able to help me to get rid of this?

(Lets do some simple calculation. Assuming your water condition will not change, then:
Changing 1/3 water in a day will have 2/3 of original water in your tank.
Changing 1/3 water everyday in a week will have (2/3)^7 = 128/2187 = 5.85% of original water in your tank.
Changing 1/3 water everyday in a month will have (2/3)^30 = 5.22x10^-8% = 0.00000000522% of original water in your tank.
Your tank water would be crystal clear!)

Attachments

• 282A5245.JPG
    282A5245.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 22

Flyfisha

Changing water is not a problem Mark2002.
But you might like to look at this new video from an Aussie guy?

MacZ

Flyfisha: I don't think that's what the OP is going at.

Unless in a situation where it is necessary (fish-in-cycling or breeding/growing out a very sensitive species like wild discus or seahorses), daily waterchanges are just a waste of water (and money). 50% once a week, maybe twice is enough.

Too keep the water visually clear filter floss will help.

Debbie1986

I have addicted to doing daily water change. replacing 1/3 water every time daily in more than 10 days.
Who would be able to help me to get rid of this?

(Lets do some simple calculation. Assuming your water condition will not change, then:
Changing 1/3 water in a day will have 2/3 of original water in your tank.
Changing 1/3 water everyday in a week will have (2/3)^7 = 128/2187 = 5.85% of original water in your tank.
Changing 1/3 water everyday in a month will have (2/3)^30 = 5.22x10^-8% = 0.00000000522% of original water in your tank.
Your tank water would be crystal clear!)
I disagree because the odds never change between day 1 or day 30.

It's the winning lottery ticket statistics, if you play 1 lottery ticket vs 1,000, your odds do not alter.

the odds remain the same whether 1 ticket or more

because water is not a substance you control, i.e. removing jsut specific water out, some dilution occurs but the water isn't aging so properties from day 1 water vs day 30 water remain constant because it's always 24 hours old for the most part

A201

I'm wondering who has the time or drive to change out one third of the tank water on a daily basis. Not me. Lol.
Maybe the OP has a small tank.
It seems that such an obsession has the potential to over stress skittish & flighty fish, inviting injury & disease.
To each their own. If hauling buckets of water & staring at a sterile looking tank is what one wants to do, more power to to him.

MyFishAddiction

Next can you come do my tank?

emeraldking

Oh, wow! A wc every single day...
That's not happening at my place... I wouldn't even know why I would do something like that...
But again, everybody's got their own way of maintaining their fishtank... ;)

ForceTen

Sounds like the OP has way to much time on their hands.

Fisch

I would call it obsessive compulsive disorder, you should start a service and charge for it. You are living in Utah?

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Belphegor88
Replies
Views
Jojo205
Replies
Views
awilkinson871
Replies
Views