Added new fish! tank is Officially cycled & updates!

luluvontepes

10 gal tank. set up on nov 1 2020. finally got my first nitrate "spike". everything had sat at zero for 2 months then i got a reading of 20-25ppm of nitrates and did a 35% water change to bring nitrates down to 0-5ppm. so, naturally, like a good little fishdom addict, i went and got more fish. i originally had: 1 oto cat, 2 endler guppies (m), and 1 planitum wrestling halfbeak (m). i went to the store and got a platinum guppy (m), a fancy guppy (m), a baby swordtail endler (m), and a blue mickey mouse platy. i will work on posting pictures soon. the fish names are:
oto cat: miss keisha
halfbeak: jon snow (aegon targaryen XI)
endler 1: pikachu
endler 2: sailor uranus
endler 3 (baby): arya stark
fancy guppy: sansa stark
platinum guppy: danearys targaryen
platy: sailor neptune

if you cant tell theres a theme.... 2020, the year when i FINALLY watched (yes i was way behind) game of thrones and i did all 8 seasons in 1 month. ugh..... soooooo gooooood. lol

my java ferns are doing so well they are making babies and the crypt walkeri didnt melt when planted and has rooted quickly. all in all everything is doing pretty well in fish world. cant complain too much.

also. who else cant stop thinking about how to get another tank? where it will fit? how to talk for partner into "just 1 more"?

on that note, i got a bigger tank for my betta (t'challa boseman). he is going from 2.5 gal to 3.5 gal. hes been very happy in 2.5gal since he transferred back from the 10 gal tank (long story short the flow was too strong for him and he was a bully). thanks to the stimulus check (got mine this morning WOOT WOOT) i got him a slightly larger tank. i hope he loves it.

i will update later with status of platy, new betta tank, and new fish pictures, and updated tank picture

V1K

Not to bust your enthusiasm, but most of your fish (except betta) do better in groups of their own species. Instead of getting 1-2 of each, you should have picked 2-3 species and had gotten groups of five or so.

I can definitely relate to the urge to get another tank right after getting the first one. Sort of trying to chase the high of the initial excitement. I mostly deal with it by getting more and more new plants for the current one .

luluvontepes

Not to bust your enthusiasm, but most of your fish (except betta) do better in groups of their own species. Instead of getting 1-2 of each, you should have picked 2-3 species and had gotten groups of five or so.

I can definitely relate to the urge to get another tank right after getting the first one. Sort of trying to chase the high of the initial excitement. I mostly deal with it by getting more and more new plants for the current one .
i do plan on trading in the halfbeak to the lfs where i bought him, and get 2 platys and 1 more oto cat. hes not miserable. neither is the oto. oto loooves grazing allll day and does her thing and keeps to herself in the day and swims around all night. halfbeak seems a little "bumbly" if you know what i mean. not the stongest swimmer. he eats well and none of the other fish bother him. hes active as well and at night will also bumble around the bottom area. but yes. i understand. and ya, i could use a few more crypts, and maybe some xmas moss, but the java ferns are really gonna start taking off soon. ive had them 2 months and i already have 3 inch baby offshoots!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
luluvontepes
Replies
Views
AcornTheBetta
Replies
Views
coolio3991
  • Question
  • luluvontepes