Added Megafix to my community tank

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Paicavi, Apr 7, 2010.

1. P

Paicavi Valued Member Member

:;dk so I went ahead and added 5ml of Megafix to my 10 gallon tank because I suspect that my black sailfin Molly has fungus. I hope I don't kill anyone. 2 more mollies and 2 tetras in there. Tell me it isn't so....

2. Meenu

Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

good luck. I hope your fish make it.

3. Shawnie

Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

if the tank isnt cycled (your info says it isnt) its probably ammonia/nitrites bothering them not fungus....are you positive about the diagnosis? medicating can kill ANY bacteria you may have established so far :(

4. OP
    OP
    P

Yes it is cycled. I hope I get it right. Oh darn I forgot to take the carbon out, got to run

5. OP
    OP
    P

I Shawnie, I think you're right. What he has is swim bladder desease. It just started, he is beginning to tilt upwards. Please tell me how to catch it before he dies. I already lost my 2 other males to that. So far I've been doing daily water changes with prime and tap water conditioner, no food today and a 5ml of Megafix. I took eventually the charcoal out. He has good spirits and is picking on the other male, but you can tell his tail is dropping. Help!!!!!!!!!!!

6. jdhef

jdhef Moderator Moderator Member

Sometimes some small pieces of pea, or daphnia will help with swim blader. If you go with the pea, take the skin off and chop it into pieces about the size of it's eye.

7. OP
    OP
    P

So I just did that and he is having a feast. At least he is eating fine! Should I keep the carbon filter out and give more megafix tomorrow? Should I do water changes twice a day? Please help me save him

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice