Add TSS 24 hours after adding prime! Really?

Jomolager

What if you lost your cycle... You have tankfull of fish. You are fully stocked.

Your --ammonia is 2 or 3 PPM,
your nitrites are 2-3 PPM.
You do 80% WC. Add double the amount of Prime.

24 hours later ammonia 1-2 PPM,
nitrites are 2 PPM.
pH 7.2
KH 4-6

VOTE FOR ONE: A. Another massive voter change. B. Add TSS

Saturn

Since we can only pick one out of the two, I would go with A (seems like the best option to me). If we didn't have an ultimatum, I'd most likely use both

zaraspook

I think I would go for B. TSS has prove itself as one of the better ways to cycle your aquarium faster and help with keeping your fish alive during this process.

Jomolager

I am wondering whether Tetra instructs us to do a massive water change, add Prime and wait 24 hours because that will give perfect water parameters. My question is, is it safe for fish to add TSS when parameters are far from perfect?

Saturn

I know at a certain parameter of ammonia/nitrite that TSS will not work, but I can't recall how high it is

Jomolager

Does anybody else remember what it is? I know TSS will not work with low pH

Saturn

In this thread it states that it'll only be somewhat effective in 2.0 and up. So 2.0 ppm be the maximum amount of ammonia in the tank prior to adding TSS

Tennesseecowboy

How exactly did you lose your cycle? Because if you have at least some remnant of it like your media, substrate, or decorations, etc., I would just do water changes when needed and just wait it out and let nature run its course. Depending on the delicacy of your fish, they should be fine if you take the proper courses of action.

Jomolager

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom