Add Betta Sorority???

brousecasey12
hallo!
I have a 55 gallon tank that is said to be overstocked and have asked in past to add fish but got mixed answers and never have done it. Well, as I sit here typing this up, my tank seems a bit empty. Don’t get me wrong, 26 Fish is a lot, but for a 55, I feel that’s not enough . I’m looking for a last touch , you know that cherry on the top! I’ve always wanted a betta sorority but never thought about having one until now in my 55! I’ll leave a list of my stock with the betta sorority added too!
Takk!

Image1521929514.749409.jpg

Platylover
Some of the fish need around 74F, so that’s one reason it would work. Another is that you shouldn’t mix fin nippers, cichlids, or gourami with bettas. I wouldn’t suggest it.

brousecasey12
Some of the fish need around 74F, so that’s one reason it would work. Another is that you shouldn’t mix fin nippers, cichlids, or gourami with bettas. I wouldn’t suggest it.

The only thing is my fish have been in there for a year plus and have settled the territory so the sororities should be the aggressor... you know what I mean?

Platylover
Not really... if your putting more aggressive fish into a tank where other aggressive fish have already made territories, then the previous fish will likely feel like they have to defend it. Even if the “territories” aren’t an issue the fin-nippers will be because they will likely injure the bettas. It’s really a recipe for disaster IMO, but that's just my opinion.

brousecasey12
Not really... if your putting more aggressive fish into a tank where other aggressive fish have already made territories, then the previous fish will likely feel like they have to defend it. Even if the “territories” aren’t an issue the fin-nippers will be because they will likely injure the bettas. It’s really a recipe for disaster IMO, but that's just my opinion.

Okay thanks for your input! Is there any other fish that I could add to the stock? I mean it’s been such a long time since I last added anything and it’s always fun to have something new!

Platylover
I wouldn’t suggest that either, you’ve already got 4 schools and there’s several incompatibilities already in the tank.

FeederGuppies
Okay thanks for your input! Is there any other fish that I could add to the stock? I mean it’s been such a long time since I last added anything and it’s always fun to have something new!
You could up all your school sizes to six. It might make the fish feel a bit more comfortable and make the tank look fuller.

Lynn78too
Angelfish and bettas aren't really compatible. I'm not familiar with pearl gouramis but generally you shouldn't put gouramis with bettas.

Danjamesdixon
Not a wise decision.

ParrotCichlid
A betta sorority should be a species only tank. Highly not advisable in a community setup.

BReefer97
Theoretically they can fit in a 55 gallon tank, but you’re already pretty stocked. You already have a pleco so I think adding the shark wouldn’t be too great an idea.

WondrousEchelon
Honestly your tank has way too many issues to think about adding another species of fish. Most of your schooling fish (the tetras, etc.) need much larger groups. You should up their numbers. Also don’t do a betta sorority. That’s already a risk on its own without adding other colorful fish into the mix. If you removed the bettas, you could up your school number by a lot, which would make your tank look much fuller.

brousecasey12
Honestly your tank has way too many issues to think about adding another species of fish. Most of your schooling fish (the tetras, etc.) need much larger groups. You should up their numbers. Also don’t do a betta sorority. That’s already a risk on its own without adding other colorful fish into the mix. If you removed the bettas, you could up your school number by a lot, which would make your tank look much fuller.

What would you up the schools to? I have 5 in each school rn...

brousecasey12
so I came up with this stock... does it look good?
Image1522016217.253837.jpg
Initially, schools were 5 but I upped them to 8 besides the Indian glass fish.
Thoughts?

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Crysta
Replies
Views
Falena
Top Bottom