Add another H. Gourami or peacock gudgeon?

Chris1212

We just lost one of our peacock gudgeon that we've had for 6+ months, not sure what happened, but he seemed to stop eating a couple weeks ago and lost his previously flashy colors. I'm going to give the tank a few weeks to see if it is something more persistent and affects other fish but do you think we should add another peacock gudgeon or another honey gourami to the mix?

20gallon, fully cycled, 0/0/20ish, lots of fake plants and a few real ones, temp is usually 77.5-78, weekly 25+% water changes, two filters (main HOB and smaller sponge).
Current stock:
- 1 remaining peacock gudgeon (seems happy and healthy)
- 1 honey gourami (bright color so guessing a male)
- 7 skirt tetra
- 6 glowlight tetra
- 2 very active hillstream loaches
- 2 very active mystery snails

Thanks for any thoughts and opinions

connorjs1004

Even without the gudgeon that passed, your tank is still pretty heavily stocked.
Is it a 20 gallon long or high tank?

Upvote 0

Chris1212

It's a high. I know it if well/fully stocked but I am very good about water changes and not over feeding

Upvote 0

Yeoy

I'm biased because the Peacock Gudgeon is one of my all time favourites so I'd say definitely add another 1 of those. Stocking is probably borderline but one more PG won't kill anything if you're on top of the maintenance.

Upvote 0

connorjs1004

It's a high. I know it if well/fully stocked but I am very good about water changes and not over feeding

As long as you keep up with the maintenance, adding another gudgeon will be fine

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
MacZ
Replies
Views
CrackerboxPalace
Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
Replies