active carbon after melafix?

mattbl

Reaction score
should i place a active carbon pad into the filter after using melafix and doing a water change?

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
If you are finished with the treatment of the condition for which you were using the medication, then yes you need to use activated carbon in the filter to remove the residual amounts of medication left after the water change. It should take between 4 - 8 hours to remove the rest of the medication depending on the type of filter and size of your tank.

Welcome to Fishlore.com. It has been my pleasure to try to answer your question. I hope I have helped you some. I hope your experience with this site is as pleasant as mine has been. I have met some of the finest people I have ever had the pleasure to know on or offline here on this site.

Rose

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I'd keep the activated carbon (in a tank that was medicated) for a few days. Activated carbon is good only for a few days, maybe a week. So just keep it there until it expires (say, up to 2 weeks). This way you'll make sure that as much as possible of the leftover traces of the medication is removed from the water.

mattbl

Reaction score
thanks all i decided to place it in after i wrote the message to be on the safe side but thanks for letting me know ;D

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom