actinic?

q'_'p
I have an actinic light for my 29 gallon saltwater tank and I was wondering if it would be harmful if I left that light on 247?

I didnt notice this was the freshwater section. please inform me if you still can answer my question

COBettaCouple
You want the fish to have a 'night' cycle and I think 8-12 hours per day is how long you'd want to run the lights.

sgould
As COBettaCouple pointed out, you want to simulate a natural day/night cycle as closely as possible. Turn on your actinics 30-60 minutes before the daylights, and leave them on 30-60 minutes after the daylights go off. Total lighting cycle should be no more than 12 hours, then lights out.

q'_'p
oh ok. I didnt know that. thank you both for your replies. I will do that

GreenMan13
How many watts is the bulb? Cause if its only like 5 or less...which I don't know if they make them that low...but if it's low it would be just like a moon light and would be ok to have on, but only if its low since you do want the day night cycle.

q'_'p
How many watts is the bulb? Cause if its only like 5 or less...which I don't know if they make them that low...but if it's low it would be just like a moon light and would be ok to have on, but only if its low since you do want the day night cycle.

its an 18 watt light. so I don't leave it on for more then 12 hours at a time.

GreenMan13
That's good. I was just throwing it out there just in case.

q'_'p
That's good. I was just throwing it out there just in case.

allright I appreciate that

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Stang Man
Replies
Views
Taylorbudd
Replies
Views
wickidstarz
Replies