Question Acrylic Versus Glass Aquarium?

Aprilamy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I am considering an acrylic 75 gallon tank as placing on a piece of nice furniture and hubby worried about leaking. Can anyone tell me their experience with acrylic? Thanks in advance.

TimothyHartwick

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I am considering an acrylic 75 gallon tank as placing on a piece of nice furniture and hubby worried about leaking. Can anyone tell me their experience with acrylic? Thanks in advance.
I have a 75 gallon aquarium tank and it’s awesome. You can see the colours more clearly since it’s clearer and doesn’t have the green tint that glass aquariums do. Although it does get scratched easily. It’s also very durable and light. And I haven’t had any leaks in the year I’ve had it

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have 2 acrylic tanks a 90 and a 125. I have no problems with them. Much lighter than glass. Things to be aware of is they do scratch easy. So placement of decorations should be thought out and your substrate will scratch it. So be careful when cleaning. Also it comes with precut holes in the top. 2 long ones in the back for hob filters. 2 round ones in the back at both corners for plugs and two center openings for cleaning.
56504F6C-EE6D-4B97-937F-98567D733F77.jpeg
571B1CF1-EE0E-486E-853E-60BC0537079A.jpeg
As for furniture as a stand. Be careful! You need support and a lot of furniture only have 1/8” filler wood on back and sides. The first stand I made and the second the one above is a buffet table that I added support to.

The brand I use is clear for life and I looked on the internet for the best prices. They were both shipped to the house. Good luck!!.

Aprilamy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Thanks for the information!!!

I have 2 acrylic tanks a 90 and a 125. I have no problems with them. Much lighter than glass. Things to be aware of is they do scratch easy. So placement of decorations should be thought out and your substrate will scratch it. So be careful when cleaning. Also it comes with precut holes in the top. 2 long ones in the back for hob filters. 2 round ones in the back at both corners for plugs and two center openings for cleaning. View attachment 576106View attachment 576107 As for furniture as a stand. Be careful! You need support and a lot of furniture only have 1/8” filler wood on back and sides. The first stand I made and the second the one above is a buffet table that I added support to.

The brand I use is clear for life and I looked on the internet for the best prices. They were both shipped to the house. Good luck!!.
Beautiful tanks!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom