Acrylic Aquarium Stand Question 

FloydtheBetta

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hey everyone,

I’m planning my second tank and I’ve decided on a rimless UNS 9 gallon. Since I’m going all out I want to make it look as sleek as possible and I really like the look of a glass/clear stand but worry about it supporting the weight.

Do you think an acrylic table like this (pic attached) would support a 9g?

Attachments

WTFish?

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
That’s tough, it looks flimsy to me but for that price it shouldn’t be. Are the specs listed, ask about weight limits.

AngryRainbow

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I would compare the dimensions of the tank to the dimensions of the table top. If the tank is just going to sit square in the middle, the table would probably bow and snap. If the tank spans the entire top of it and the corners essentially rest above the table legs, I'd trust it more but would still definitely check out any given specs of the table.

FloydtheBetta

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
WTFish? said:
That’s tough, it looks flimsy to me but for that price it shouldn’t be. Are the specs listed, ask about weight limits.
Couldn’t find any info on weight limits for this particular one, but found another one similar I like that said it could hold up to 350 pounds so I think it could work if I find the right one!

AngryRainbow said:
I would compare the dimensions of the tank to the dimensions of the table top. If the tank is just going to sit square in the middle, the table would probably bow and snap. If the tank spans the entire top of it and the corners essentially rest above the table legs, I'd trust it more but would still definitely check out any given specs of the table.
Thanks I will keep that in mind and try to find a similar length table to the tank! I ended up finding weight limits for one of 350lbs so as long as I get the distribution right I think it could work.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom