Acclimating shrimp without drip acclimation?

logqnty

Hello, I don’t have a dip aclimator, so I was wondering how I should acclimate my red cherry shrimp. Right now I have been adding 1/2 a tablespoon every 3 minutes to a 2 pint container of original water. Once it’s full I plan to dump half and continue. Is this ok? Thanks

PAcanis

Are your shrimp already in the 2 pint container?
It sounds to me like you are already under way of acclimating them. Hard to change your method now.
Unless I am reading this wrong. Which has been known to happen.

Otherwise, a knot in some aquarium airline can be adjusted to drip acclimate.

logqnty

Are your shrimp already in the 2 pint container?
It sounds to me like you are already under way of acclimating them. Hard to change your method now.
Unless I am reading this wrong. Which has been known to happen.

Otherwise, a knot in some aquarium airline can be adjusted to drip acclimate.
Yeah I just started acclimation, I was wondering if I should do it differently

PAcanis

Yeah I just started acclimation, I was wondering if I skills do it differently

Not familiar with I skills.

Shrimpee

depending on where you live, the outdoor and indoor temp can be similar or greatly different. 1st is to pour out shrimps onto container, leave in same enviroment with your tank and let the temp settle to as close as the tank. once temperature stable or similar to tank ( it should since its in the same environment). then start adding tank water 2:1(2 parts bag and 1 part tank)....10mins later 1:1 wait anther 10min then scoop and put in. i think its very safe alredy...all in 30mins
for me, i just make sure temp difference less than 1degreeC, then add water 1:1. 10min put them in and they all survive ok

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
randy678
Replies
Views
Grumpyfish32
  • Question
Replies
Views
itsEmma
Replies