Acclimating Panda Cories

1. sbme401 Initiate Member

I have a 20 gal. planted community tank and I am planning to add a school of panda cories soon. It is well established and currently houses 6 wcmm of which I am planning to get at least 6 more. I have seen a lot of posts about panda cories' sensitivity to changes in water parameters so I am wondering how I can best acclimate them without stressing them out too much.
  2. Donnerjay Well Known Member Member

Hello and welcome!

Yes, pandas can be a bit sensitive. Looks like you've got the right temperature for them; they prefer cool water.

Just maintain your nitrogen cycle and provide clean water. You might want to do a gravel vacuum beforehand, although that's not necessary if you've been doing regular maintenance. I would not worry about trying to adjust the tank's pH for the pandas.

When you're ready to add them, float them in the bag for about 15-20 minutes to acclimate them to your tank's temperature. Keep the light off. Then gently net them into your tank as soon as you open the bag. There's no need to drip acclimate them, in my opinion. But if you do that, be sure to add Seachem Prime to the bag first to detoxify any ammonia that has built up in the bag.

They should be a nice addition to your WCMMs.