Accidentally over fed bettas?

yuuto

Valued Member
Reaction score
I had a friend over and she fed 3 out of 4 of my bettas about 7 pellets.
I usually only feed my bettas once a day about 4-6 pellets in the morning (7am) and she fed them around 3pm.
all of there bellies are swollen despite them being over fed yesterday. they aren't lethargic, just tubby.

are they going to be ok? I haven't fed them today but should I not feed them for another day? will it cause them health problems?

Coradee

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
See how they look tomorrow, if they still look tubby starve them another day

sophi

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Just don't feed them for maybe 2 or 3 days or so. If they begin to look bloated, give them a pea to help prevent constipation. Sometimes they don't eat it though, so what I've done in the past is either soak little bits of pea in garlic juice, or the juices from their frozen brine shrimp or bloodworms. The smell and taste usually tricks them into eating it.
If I accidentally overfeed my bettas, I usually give them 2 days minimum for their bellies to settle. They can go a while without food, so don't feel as if you're starving them! They will be fine.

Good luck!

kuhliloach85

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
They'll be fine. I feed mine until I see his belly poof up a little. If I accidentally give him a little too much, I just fast the next day.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom