Accidentally Flushed Some Java Plants

turtlefish

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
So, I was emptying aquarium water down the toilet and didn't realize I had java fern plantlets in the bucket. Will the java fern survive? I am on well water so have a septic tank.

I am becoming paranoid that the plant will continue to grow and wreck havoc on our septic tank.

* I usually run the old water into a 55 gallon drum and use it to water plants.

turtlefish

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Smalltownfishfriend said:
I don't think you have to worry!!! Plants need light to grow.. so unless there is a skylight for the septic system they should just die!!!
I feel better now, thanks.

CanadianFishFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Seems fine, but i dont know if i like the direct to the toliet tubeing. Dont suck any fish up. Ive heard people open their window and put the hose in their eastrough and it goes out side. I use a bucket to make sure nobody gets thrown away

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I also don't think that a plant will survive in an area where (you know what) is contained.
Septic tanks aren't plant friendly environments.

turtlefish

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
CanadianFishFan said:
Seems fine, but i dont know if i like the direct to the toliet tubeing. Dont suck any fish up. Ive heard people open their window and put the hose in their eastrough and it goes out side. I use a bucket to make sure nobody gets thrown away
I use a hose directed to a bucket. Then I dump the bucket. Usually I use my python, but with smaller tanks I go the old fashioned way.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom