Accidentally Flushed Some Java Plants

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by turtlefish, May 16, 2018.

1. t

turtlefish Valued Member Member

So, I was emptying aquarium water down the toilet and didn't realize I had java fern plantlets in the bucket. Will the java fern survive? I am on well water so have a septic tank.

I am becoming paranoid that the plant will continue to grow and wreck havoc on our septic tank.

* I usually run the old water into a 55 gallon drum and use it to water plants.

2. Smalltownfishfriend

Smalltownfishfriend Well Known Member Member

I don't think you have to worry!!! Plants need light to grow.. so unless there is a skylight for the septic system they should just die!!!:)

3. OP
    OP
    t

I feel better now, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2018
  4. CanadianFishFan

CanadianFishFan Well Known Member Member

Seems fine, but i dont know if i like the direct to the toliet tubeing. Dont suck any fish up. Ive heard people open their window and put the hose in their eastrough and it goes out side. I use a bucket to make sure nobody gets thrown away

5. Fanatic

Fanatic Fishlore VIP Member

I also don't think that a plant will survive in an area where (you know what) is contained.
    Septic tanks aren't plant friendly environments.

6. OP
    OP
    t

I use a hose directed to a bucket. Then I dump the bucket. Usually I use my python, but with smaller tanks I go the old fashioned way.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice