Question Accidentally Breeding Turquoise Rainbows

Status
Not open for further replies.

angelfishguppie

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
So, I have a couple of Turquoise Rainbow fry swimming around in my sump.

After a surprised "how did you get there and how are you surviving" I dug out some micro pellets and give them a small pinch when I feed the display tank.

How big do they need to be before I can safety move them to the display tank? I have a pair of breeding Angelfish and a large male + 3 adult female turquoise rainbows.

They are safe in the sump, the return pump has a pond prefilter sponge on it.

endlercollector

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Lucky you! How many gallons is the sump? I would put them in a grow out tank and let them get to at least an inch before putting them in with the others to keep them from getting too harassed

OP
A

angelfishguppie

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Lucky you! How many gallons is the sump? I would put them in a grow out tank and let them get to at least an inch before putting them in with the others to keep them from getting too harassed
Thanks! I thought 6 would be a better size group but I only had a 46gal bow at the time.

The sump is a 20 gallon tank under a 72 gal bow. Swim space is around 10 gallons but the sump isn't segmented, only thing that extends full height out of the water is my DIY filter, around the size of a gallon bucket.

The 3 to 1 female to male ratio is working out real well for me. A bit nervous about introduction of more males (a little too soon to tell)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Top Bottom