ACA Cichlid Convention pics

NMfishman

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Sorry these are so late after the show but none the less here they are. First up are Discus as requested and an angel:

Attachments

ayelie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
very nice pics and very beautiful fish

catsma_97504

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Beautiful pictures! Love the red discus.

NMfishman

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
and here are some others, apisto. african lake, and a fresh water ray

I have a total of about 80 pics but these are some of my favorite ones

Attachments

bassbonediva

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Can I have that first angel?! That's EXACTLY what I want for my 55 gallon, but no one around here carries them (they only have marble veils...except Petsmart, whose stock is too young and they don't live).

Slug

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Awesome! That red koi has made quite the splash on the message boards after the show. And the discus look great, thanks for taking the pics.

I know where you can buy them small bass, would have to get them shipped from texas but... Looks like a nice wild altum.

bassbonediva

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Slug said:
I know where you can buy them small bass, would have to get them shipped from texas but... Looks like a nice wild altum.
I want about half dollar sized (Petsmart's are about nickel-sized and they just don't last...I've bought three from them at various times and none lived longer than a week). Depending on the price and shipping, I might consider getting one from outside AZ. It's gonna be a while before I get one anyway (want to completely stock the tank with everything else, THEN add the angel).

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thanks for sharing the photos NMFishman.

Love the red Angel. I've never seen one like it.

Ken

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Really great pictures! Sounds like you had a great time.
The Angls are gorgeous!

Chris123

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Cool Pics

I like the stingray!

Chris

NMfishman

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Thank you all! I thought the angels were just amazing.
They had tons of fish there, most of the pics I put up are from the main room where all the fish were in individual 10-20 gallon tanks. They also had a room just for selling fish and had great looking discus about 2.5-3 in. for sale for $30 if I wanted some so bad ;D
they had I think 10 tanks that were set up by these groups that would be judged later. The tanks were stunning and just gorgeous! The last room was for the vendors and they had Marineland, Aqueon, Hikari, and I think two others. Aqueon was giving away free stuff so I have a bunch of different kinds of food and other things that should last me a while!

I also found this company that sell really great artificial plants, they are goo quality and much better than the ones from the chain stores. I got 5 of them and I am very happy with them. Here is the website if you are interested: https://www.ez-decorating.com/store52/agora.cgi

What made the ACA convention even better was what followed. I went to the EAA airventure airshow in Oshkosh, WI. That was the real highlight for me, as aviation is my passion! I ended up taking almost 7000 pics at the airshow so I can't show anywhere near as many as I would like but here are a few:
First is the red bull helicopter and yes it is upside down and yes it is the only one that can do that. second is a V-22 Ospery stationed at the same place I live. third is a heritage flight with a F-4, two P-38, and a F-15. fourth is four T-6 Texan planes at the night show they had, which was so awsome to see. fifth is the WWII Stearman bi-plane

Attachments

Slug

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Always loved the look of those F-4.

Those V-22 are something else. I work with them a good bit in the Marines as landing support. They kind of scare me because of the problems they've had with them, but they are a really cool machine.

NMfishman

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Slug said:
Always loved the look of those F-4.

Those V-22 are something else. I work with them a good bit in the Marines as landing support. They kind of scare me because of the problems they've had with them, but they are a really cool machine.
Yeah the V-22 are so cool! This one is the Air Force varient and I actually get to see it fairly often cuz I live near the base they are stationed at, Kirtland AFB. My Mom is retired Major in the Air Force and now works in civil service at the base and has connections so I am trying to see if she can arrange a ride for us in the V-22, we already got one in the C-130!

bassbonediva

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Love me some F-15s! I actually wanted to be a Navy pilot when I graduated from high school (even had the recruiter come to my house to talk to my dad), just so I could fly F-15s. But alas, I wear glasses, so they wouldn't take me.

Slug

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The C-130 was a fun ride huh? Haha Flew in my first C-130 over the sands of Iraq and it was a pretty bumpy exciting ride. Any military helicopters there? I love the CH-53.

NMfishman

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The ch-53 is my favorite helo. We used to have MH-53J Pave Low III helos stationed at Kirtland, but they were retired and the CV-22 replaced them. We also have UH-1N Iroquois and HH-60G Pave Hawk helos. The base's main function is SAR and training. We have a ANG fighter wing stationed here with F-16s as well, so we have a little of everything

Slug

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Then you'll like these. This is my job in the military.
234.jpg

236.jpg

238.jpg

Not to go TO off topic though hehe.

catsma_97504

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
lol. You guys have gone so far off topic that I'm thinking about unsubscribing so you can continue your chat about the choppers.

Oh, and thank you for serving in the military!

Slug

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Its sort of on topic! He did both on the same trip!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom