Ac Broken. Can It Harm My Fish?

Bettythebetta
I have tropical fish and my AC broke. The temperature in my house is around 90 degrees. Will that harm my fish? I also have two bettas. The AC people are coming out tomorrow morning to fix it and it’s been broken since yesterday.

SixThreeOh
Bettas will be fine. What other fish do you have?

Scott93
This can certainly cause issues, you mentioned two Bettas so they most likely are in smaller tanks. I mention this because a smaller tank will have bigger temperature fluctuations and temperature fluctuations can cause harm. You can use a frozen water bottle to help alleviate them from the heat but this is harder to regulate. Do you have thermometers on your tanks so you can manage their temperatures? A fan blowing on the surface of the water can also help with heat issues. Best of luck!

max h
Frozen water bottles and a fan will work, I went thru that about 2 years ago and I wish the house was 90. We where at 95 indoors when it happened.

Nickguy5467
you could try buying some cooling fans that attach to your tanks rI'm and blows onto the water in which cools by evaporation until you fix your a/c , or do the ice cube thing . (I've never tried either of these just read about them)

Bettythebetta
This can certainly cause issues, you mentioned two Bettas so they most likely are in smaller tanks. I mention this because a smaller tank will have bigger temperature fluctuations and temperature fluctuations can cause harm. You can use a frozen water bottle to help alleviate them from the heat but this is harder to regulate. Do you have thermometers on your tanks so you can manage their temperatures? A fan blowing on the surface of the water can also help with heat issues. Best of luck!

They are in 6.5 and 3 gallon tanks.

Bettythebetta
He’s laying on the bottom now. I think he might die

WTFish?
A/C still broken? Did you do the fans, water bottles etc? Maybe a small water change? Gradual though. Don’t change it too fast.

SixThreeOh
A betta can survive at 90F no problem. Constant temperature swings from water bottles and water changes probably aren't the best for him.

Fashooga

I certainly hope the betta pulls through. I hope that maybe because it’s so hot it’s conserving energy so it looks lethargic but it might be fine.

Bettythebetta
A/C still broken? Did you do the fans, water bottles etc? Maybe a small water change? Gradual though. Don’t change it too fast.

I put a fan across the water. The AC was fixed yesterday morning. I turned off the heater in the tank for a while.

Bettythebetta
Nevermind, he’s acting normal again.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
forestwind1234
Replies
Views
FishareFriends6
Replies
Views
mohawk