About Yourself And Your Favorite Pet You Have?

1. Kenny777 Well Known Member Member

Hi
    I want to get to know everyone (Including you moderators) and what is the favorite pet you have? My name is Kenneth Chavez and I'm 14 and I'm 3 quarters Latino (mexican) and a quarter Irish mix with english and neandrathal. I was born in Arizona united states. My favorite pets are my dog sweet pea, my male betta unnamed and my dojo unnamed. If you can come up a name for my dojo and male betta. I will post some pictures shortly.

2. Kellye8498 Well Known Member Member

Well the DPG sale today led to a new pet and it's my favorite looking lol:

8f425181553baaed32ec20e054251bb8.jpg

But this is my baby!:

74c66b156e38c68077d569554fe29c63.jpg

3. Kenny777 Well Known Member Member

Beautiful veil chameleon correct me if I'm wrong and beautiful German shepard!

14996504780621022725452.jpg my male betta.

1499650556019-887428779.jpg my baby dojo with my baby albino bristlenose.

1499650660367-905996723.jpg then my Apple head Chihuahua! Also known as my girl SweetPea.

4. Mcasella Well Known Member Member

My beagle Midnight (had her for 11 years since she was a puppy), the saddest thing about having to leave her at home when I go to work is she grins until I saw goodbye and her smile just drops. I also had a conversation with my sister earlier about how much my beagle loves me (as she does anything I ask of her, but also only gives me her love and undivided attention - she will accept pets from other people but as soon as I speak she is right there by me lol). Here is a picture of the turd in a Wal-mart cart because i refused to leave her outside when the weather was an unseasonable 78-82 degrees and I cannot leave my car running or my windows down, no one said anything about her until I was leaving (besides the little girl that happened to notice and said hello after asking to pet her)the greeter that gushed over her.

20170211_125934 (1).jpeg

I have two other animals that are mine, besides my hundreds of fish, an Aussie named Dixie (she picked me and comes to me over anyone else despite her being hard headed) and my long haired cat Licorice (who is a lovable little turd when she wants to be, also hates plastic bags that move and vaccuums but loves putting her butt on the lids of my tanks when she can get away with it), i don't have any good pictures of kitten as she is now but have several when she was younger (she and Dixie are 5 and 6 respectively).
    20161221_115632.jpeg 20161030_084224.jpg

5. Kenny777 Well Known Member Member

Such beautiful pets!!

6. Mcasella Well Known Member Member

Dixie has stunning puppies too, midnight is fixed to prevent accidents, kitten is also fixed though she has never really met another cat.

7. Bruxes and Bubbles Well Known Member Member

My favorite pets I had that were 100% mine and not a family pet were my rats. They were my babies. Sadly I lost them a while back. I'll likely be getting some baby rats to raise from the next reptile convention around here.

My girls were Ribbon, Wren, and Ratatouille. Ribbon was the blue one, Wren was the one with a partial hood, and Ratatouille was the one with a full hood.

I have had a lot of pets, though, so it's really hard to choose which my favorites are/were. They're all so different. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

8. Kenny777 Well Known Member Member

Beautiful rats way prettier than the ones I see at petco, I don't find this weird even tho some people do because I kept pet feeder mice before :)

I had to fix my dog my mom is not willing to have puppies ever again!

9. Kellye8498 Well Known Member Member

Nope, you are correct and thank you :)

10. bopsalot Well Known Member Member

IMG_0391.JPG I love my fishies, but my favorite pets are the kitties! I wake up covered in cats every morning. Mr. Fluffy, 3yo (hugging my ankle in the photo) is the most affectionate cat I have ever heard of, he follows me around all day room to room like a puppy. He just won't stop head-butting, rubbing, purring, kneading, licking me. He just has no limits at all. He's also the alpha cat. Chloe, 1, is more of a typical cat, very sweet and affectionate, but has her limits, and loves to hunt and play. ZoZo, 12, (not pictured) is 3rd in the pecking order, she's getting older and just chills all day. All 3 were rescues that I saved as kittens. Just like with fish, I am passionate about learning everything there is to know about cats, and I have been able to develop amazing relationships with them because I understand kitties so completely.

11. Over It Well Known Member Member

Honestly never thought I'd say this, but my Goldfish, Pebbles and Ember. I also have 5 dogs who I adore and my dogs have always been my favorites, but these fish have completely won me over. I think my dogs are jealous lol

12. clk89 Fishlore VIP Member

Well as far as age goes I'm old enough to know what the sound of dial up internet is. ;) Other then that I'm a Mom of two kids, and a husband whom is at times just as much of a dork as I am. I can't do pictures on this computer, so sorry no pictures. I don't really have a favorite pet, I pretty much just like all of my pets. I am very much an animal, and bug person. Currently we have a snail and shrimp ten gallon tank, a peaceful community 40 gallon breeder tank, and a three year old leopard gecko. During the spring we also have native butterflies that we raise from caterpillars, then release when they turn into butterflies.

We live in an apartment so those are all the pets I can really have. When we get a house I would love to have goldfish pond, 100 gallon + salt water tank, chickens, goats, chinchilla, bunny (kids want one so bad), and dog.

13. Kenny777 Well Known Member Member

Love your kitties sadly I C ant have them because of allergies but I love the sphynx!

Lol your goldfish are too adorable and the dogs are having a competition :D

Wow lots of dream pets but I am as guilty as I can be :) at my old house I had 3 leopard gekos, 1 ball python, 4 tarantulas, 1 scorpion, and 3 Chihuahuas now we are only able to have 1 Chihuahua and 2 fish tanks

14. KinsKicks Well Known Member Member

Hmmm...Can't pick a favorite pet as I love everything. At my parents house, we had two dogs (brothers) and I took one with me to my apartment.
    This is the one that stayed at my parents house (was always the family dog anyhow). His name is Honjo. (My parent were getting the AC fixed, so me put him in timeout in my trunk because he kept barking lol...old pic)
    IMG_2559.jpg

And I took his brother to live with me (he was always sorta like my dog) His name is Shibu. He's way more athletic and full of energy. He does training with me and if I'm allowed to, he runs my marathon races with me. I'd take a pic rn, but he won't sit till for a picture, so here are some ones from a car ride today (he LOVES car rides...we were headed for a trail:) )
    IMG_2560.jpg
    IMG_2561.jpg

And of course, I have my fish. But it's lights out rn and I don't wanna spook them (plus, I've told you about my tanks lol :p)
    Here are a couple of old pics I can show you of some of them
    IMG_2067.PNG
    IMG_2226.JPG
    IMG_2476.JPG

And a couple of new discus to replace the ones that some stupid construction people killed
    IMG_2273.jpg IMG_2275.jpg

edit: oops. forgot my details. umm...I'm 18, I really like long-disance running, I'm short (lol), and I'm a pre-vet student who lives in Cali :D.

15. Kenny777 Well Known Member Member

Wow are beautiful, love the dog, golden retriever or Labrador, maybe a mix? Love all of the fish very pretty colors and I always wanted to know how is it to keep an arowana, my brother wants one and he wants a giant gourami :p

16. bettabelieveit Initiate Member

My dog buff has just recently turned 9 years old in February. He's a black lab/chocolate lab mix with some chow in him because he has a purple tongue.
    IMG_1930.JPG IMG_1930.JPG

17. Kenny777 Well Known Member Member

18. KinsKicks Well Known Member Member

Thank you!

Actually they are a very special dog, native to Korea. Sorta like Japan has the Akita, and China has Shiba Inus, this is Korea's signature dog. They are known as a "Jindo" dog (or Jindokai in korean) (can you tell I'm Asian? ha!) They live on this little island called Jindo Island and are actually illegal to remove. We have them because a lady had smuggled a female pup from korea many years ago and bred her to a half-German Shepard, half-jindo dog (half-breeds are ok, its the pure breeds that are coveted), and once in a great awhile, the breeder will get a full-Jindo litter, and thats where we got them. lol

As for the arowana, he (she? lol i don't know :) is really cool to take care of. He's pretty small right now, 7-8ish inches. I actually got him by accident, and I'm surprised he didn't die from the ordeal. Unlike the arowana stereotype, he's very friendly; I can pet him, hand-feed him, and he'll follow me around as I'm walking about (his tank is literally the size of my whole wall). I'm waiting until he gets older and realizes he could probably kick my butt and decides he doesn't want to be a water puppy anymore :p. But for the most part, he's great.

My parents used to have a giant gouarmi. Almost 2 feet big. It was my mom's fish and was really really smart. It used to only eat from her and let her touch it; he used to bite my dad if he tried to pet him. He was so devoted to my mom, that he didn't eat for 2 weeks when she had visited her family, and ONLY ate when she came back and hand-fed him. Lolz :p

19. bettabelieveit Initiate Member

Thank you so much!!
    If your wondering what that stuff is under his eye its a tumor.

20. MattS99 Well Known Member Member

I have a beagle, Cooper who is extremely unaffctionate, ignores everyone, and barks all day. Love him, but it's safe to say I'll never get another beagle. My favorite pet is my GBR, Melvin because I waited about 11 years to own a cichlid and he's my first. I play electric guitar, mainly a weird mix of stoner-doom metal, metalcore, and old school hardcore punk.

21. Kenny777 Well Known Member Member

Wow you a unique girl with a unique family which I think is cool! love all of your pets! They are all beautiful!

Very cool and I'm a big metal rock fan have you ever heard of a band called korn they are my favorite!

I can ask my mom she's a vet I'll ask tomorrow she's asleep right now.