About To Have Fry?

Discussion in 'Molly' started by livrich, Apr 25, 2017.

1. livrichNew MemberMember

Hi! My Molly has been pregnant for about 3-4 weeks, and this is the first time I've ever noticed my mollies are about to have fry (last time, I looked over at the tank and was very surprised to find some! ). How will I know when she is about to drop her fry? She's been hanging around the heater -which is behind many plants- and not swimming around with her tankmates. I'm certain she's not sick though, because whenever I come over to the tank, she comes over for food! Since she's been slowly moving around the warmer parts of the tank for the past few days, does this mean the fry should come soon? I've read online that this type of reduced activity only goes on for a few days before the fry come.

2. QuicheValued MemberMember

Congrats on the soon-to-be fry! You've probably read this already, but watch for the box-like belly. Should look somewhat like this -

Maybe if you could get a picture, some more experienced people could try to estimate her due date?

3. Cori ElizabethWell Known MemberMember

Look for a squared belly, enlarged rectum, laboured breathing, chasing females away, and Isolation

4. livrichNew MemberMember

Sorry I haven't been able to get back here! The female I mentioned has been exhibiting most of those behaviors, however she acts completely normal when I come over for feeding! Maybe it could be a little longer? Here's some pictures:
    28891bc904f53df326900648d4468b65.jpg5bdde518cbd66e1b01cda3334f34d2ed.jpg

5. livrichNew MemberMember

Also, it's difficult to see in the pictures because of all the light, but she has a very dark gravid spot as well.

6. CarrieFisherWell Known MemberMember

My girl is mere days away from popping, too.
    Wednesday will be 28 days for her <biting nails> lol

7. livrichNew MemberMember

Lucky! My female hasn't had her fry yet

8. CarrieFisherWell Known MemberMember

Nothing yet, but last time, I estimate she had them in the late afternoon.
    They surprised me when I went in for the evening feeding.

Tonight she had a hearty bloodworm dinner, so I'm hoping in the next day or two

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice