About The Water In My Planted Tank

Sambit

Reaction score
Hello,

The water supply to my home is from a borewell. So there is no chlorine. Thats why i wanted to know is it safe to add the water directly to the tank?
Another thing is, i have a UV+UF water purifier. Using this water in tank is good or not?

And which one is better?

Thx

P.S. i m using API Stress Coat + when changing water.

Rookie23

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I dont know about the purifier but you dont need a water treatment agent if u dont have chlorine or chloramine in your water. However it does offer other benifits. If I remember stress coat can be a little expensive if you change water alot. I use prime because it's so concentrated you only have to put a little in so a bottle can go a long way

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Welcome to fishlore. Have you had your well water checked? Do you have a water test kit for your tank? I would say you should be good right out of the tap. Maybe a standard charcoal filter to remove impurities. But you need to know your ph and if there’s ammonia,nitrites nitrate in it. Water hardness also helps.

Sambit

Reaction score
Rookie23 said:
I dont know about the purifier but you dont need a water treatment agent if u dont have chlorine or chloramine in your water. However it does offer other benifits. If I remember stress coat can be a little expensive if you change water alot. I use prime because it's so concentrated you only have to put a little in so a bottle can go a long way
Thx . Is prime does the same work as stress coat? does it reduces stress for fish?

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Prime relives stress by cleaning the water. It makes tap water safer for fish. But you may not need it. First you have to find out what’s in your tap water. Stress coat is something that actually relives the fish,calms it down. It’s best used when getting new fish and adding it to the bag before you add it to the tank.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom