about half the zebra danios suddenly got bloated looking, cats ok.

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by tim1989, Dec 3, 2012.

1. t

tim1989 New Member Member

In a 30 gallon aquarium that's been up for 3 weeks, and just got through cycling, about half the zebra danios suddenly got really bloated looking. The fins don't stick out, but their belies are FAT. We had an ammonia and a nitrite spike, cured by daily 40% water changes a week ago. Now water parameters are almost perfect with almost no ammonia and no nitrites. Their gills just cleared up from being quite red.

As I said, the danios are the only ones that appear affected. I already removed all of them from the tank...I'll surely get flak for this when my girlfriend gets off work... But the corys, 2 green 3 peppered, 2 sterbai and 3 bandit all seem pretty happy and active.

Honestly I have no idea what made the danios bloat. What should I do? I read to raise the temp to about 78-82, seems harmless.

2. H

Habsfan New Member Member

Wait for other opinions, but I think those are your girls. They've just grownup.

3. OP
    OP
    t

tim1989 New Member Member

It was pretty odd just having them bloat fairly quickly.

Either way, they're gone now, I removed them. I just need to know if I need to do anything to keep my corydoras safe. As long as they're alright, there's room for more catfish.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice