about compatebility

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Forums' started by pritam, Jul 8, 2015.

1. pritam

pritam Valued Member Member

i want to know about compatibility of oscar and yellow lab chichlid.
    i have a 67g tank with 3 severum(5" long) and a albino oscar(3" long),i want to add 4 yellow lab,is it compatible with my recent tank.

2. Dom90

Dom90 Fishlore VIP Member

The yellow labs are more peaceful cichlids and will probably get eaten by the more aggressive severums and oscars so it's not a good idea.

3. OP
    OP
    pritam

then do you have any suggestion, actually i want to add some colour in my tank,then which cichlid will be perfect for my tank.

4. Dom90

Dom90 Fishlore VIP Member

5. hampalong

hampalong Well Known Member Member

Cichlids need personal space, if you crowd them you will end up with trouble (except Mbuna). A 67 gallon tank isn't big enough for an Oscar alone. It's definitely not big enough for an Oscar with other cichlids. If you want a community of cichlids you'll have to keep smaller fish. :)

Also yellow labs absolutely need hard alkaline water.

6. OP
    OP
    pritam

ok..hard to hear.
    thanks for the suggestion.

7. hampalong

hampalong Well Known Member Member

Sorry if it was blunt. They're ok for now, but Oscars can get 16-18" and they're only prevented from doing that by tank size. Severums get quite big too, and theyre likely to not all get along when they mature...

There are loads of smaller colourful cichlids that would work..

8. OP
    OP
    pritam

its ok....but i just love severums and oscars and surely if its not possible to add some colour then im happy to go with them. hope in future i can arrange some new tank and add some colorful species,thanks..

can you please tell me what food should i give to oscars, i have used various brands of pellets but it become no use. these oscar only love blood worms and i dont want to take risks of feeding live food frequently. can you suggest me any customized pellets for my oscars, right now im trying to feed them hikari cichlid pellet.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2015

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice