About Colors. Question

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by Georgie Girl, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Georgie Girl

Georgie Girl Valued Member Member

Here’s my Fishy Boris Karloff. (This is an older photo. If you like I’ll post a more recent one.) I got him from dastardly Petsmart’s tiny cup farm on April 13. He had terrible fin rot. Since then he’s thrived in good water and with good food – just as this community said he would do. Thank you all!

So as you see, he’s white, actually kinda pinkish, with charcoal fins. Has anyone any experience with a pinkish fish with charcoal fins? I’m wondering if he’ll ever color up.

If he doesn’t ever get any colors, no matter. I just want him healthy and engaged.

2. LilBlub

LilBlub Well Known Member Member

There are “cellophane” bettas who always have a pale, fleshy color. Sometimes they can have the pinkish-white body color and darker fins. That might be what he is. Or, he might just be a pale betta who will eventually get really bright! It’s always hard to tell with bettas, they’re never consistent with their colors!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice