About Aquarium Backing

1. Georgie Girl

Georgie Girl Valued Member Member

I don't know what it's called. Some people put backing on their tanks. I have a roll of black on one side/blue on the other. I thought the black would look striking with the fine black gravel. But I'm not in it for the asthetics; I'm in it to care for a special fish who depends on a human. I want to be the best human for Fishy Boris.

Ok, I got off on a tangent.

My question, finely put, is does a betta prefer looking at a blank white wall, a sort of mind-numbing infinity? Or does s/he like the safety, the invulnerability, of a finite space to live in?

How do you feel/what do you think of this aquarium wallpaper? (I hope I've made sense.)

Cross-posting to Aquarium Builds.

2. bryangar

bryangar Well Known Member Member

I’m sure every fish would prefer an all black background to feel secure in, but it wouldn’t really matter, it’s all up to you to pick it.

3. JamieXPXP

JamieXPXP Well Known Member Member

Some bettas do hate backgrounds while others.dont really care. The only way to find out is to put the background on and see how he reacts to it.

4. Gala

Gala Well Known Member Member

I wouldn't make anything permanent, just tap it to the glass to test the paper out. Sometimes a betta will see their reflection in it and go crazy. My bettas are like that so I am letting algae build up on the back and side walls to give it a natural cover.