About Angelfish Aggression And Damaged Redswordtail's Tail

Levanex

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
recently i added 12 red swordtail into my angelfish tank and some of the angelfish bite some of the tails and it gets damaged, but i want to keep both.
- can tails be recover?
- how long does it take to recover?
- how to make the aggression go away?
- cloudy water?

tank information:
- 17 gallon
- 6 angelfish
- 12 red swordtails
- 10 yellow fish with red eye that i cannot remember the name
- 4 clown loach
- some plants

IMG_4180.JPG

Buganjimo

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Okay, so none of those fish should be in that tank. Clown loaches need a minimum of 100+ gallons, angelfish need 30 gallons, those unknown fish look like tetras which definitely need a bigger tank, along with the swordtails. Please rehome all of them, then we can try to restock. These fish are getting nipped because there is not enough room for these fish.

Mcasella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The red eyed fish look like gold tinfoil barbs, none of these fish can stay in this size tank. Both the tinfoils and clown loaches need massive tanks because they get massive (they become stunted in smaller tanks that are overcrowded). Angelfish are cichlids even in larger tanks suitable for them they can be aggressive. Rehome everything or get at least a 125 to stock them in otherwise your fish will continue to try and take each other out. This not okay for these fish to live like this.

Edit: why do you keep coming back for advice of you never heed any of it? We have tried several times to help you stock this tank properly yet you have tried to stock it with dozens of barbs, arowana, snakeheads, and many other fish that do not belong in this tank size. if you aren't going to heed the advice this time do us a solid and stop asking for advice when you never listen to what is being said. After you ask for advice you disappear for a while then come back with the same problems in the same sized tank, just with different fish, you are wasting our and your time asking the same things over and over and choosing to ignore what we have said needs to be done.

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
How on earth can you look at that tank and find pleasure in it?? The poor things can't even move a half inch without bumping into another fish!
This tank isn't even slightly overstocked. It is sickeningly and grossly overstocked. One of the worse I have EVER seen. Even if you take out every single angelfish (for example), it is still grossly overstocked.

In all honestly....Do you seriously find that tank fun to look at? I could never find any joy in watching a bunch of fish be that stressed and cramped. :-(

Your issues will never go away if you keep all the fish. End of story.

DuaneV

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
As others have said, you shouldnt be keeping any of those fish in that tank. As long as you do, youll have problems.

And that little tiny filter you have in there is more suitable to a lone betta in a 5 gallon tank, not a tank that size thats grossly overstocked.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom