about a 5gallon aquarium Question

1. angel_scout

angel_scout Well Known Member Member

Hi sorry to bother anyone with my questions lol... is there any small fish (like a pepperd cory) be put in with a dwarf puffer? in a 5 gallon tank? Or would you need a bigger tank?

2. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

No need to apologize for questions! i dont think you could add anything with the dwarf puffer, but thats based on what ive read, not actual experience.

3. rae64

rae64 Well Known Member Member

From what I have heard, DP' pretty much rip anything in their tank to shreads.

4. harpua2002

harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

I would not recommend adding anything with the dwarf puffer.

5. x

xxSTEPHENSxx Valued Member Member

can you put have more than one DP in the same tank? I love the DP's.

6. Prince Powder

Prince Powder Well Known Member Member

If I recall correctly DP's are highly territorial. Much like male bettas if you mix two males they will fight to the death. You can sometimes get away with a male/female pair providing there are tons of hiding spots, but you would need at least a 10 gallon to do that. I believe that DP's require 5 gallons per fish so in your tank only one would be recommended.

7. Jaysee

Thats what ive read as well.

8. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

9. OP
    OP
    angel_scout

angel_scout Well Known Member Member

Thanks for the info. What are some easy to care for live plants? That aren't to expensive?

10. Jaysee

I'd start a new thread in the plant section.

I can't help you with plants.

11. Meenu

Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

I thought that puffers do fine with other puffers... 5 gallons per fish, no non-puffer tankmates, but they do okay with each other as long as the tank is heavily planted/decorated. (What I have read, no personal experience)