about a 5gallon aquarium Question

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by angel_scout, Mar 15, 2010.

1. angel_scout

angel_scoutWell Known MemberMember

Hi sorry to bother anyone with my questions lol... is there any small fish (like a pepperd cory) be put in with a dwarf puffer? in a 5 gallon tank? Or would you need a bigger tank?

2. Jaysee

JayseeFishlore LegendMember

No need to apologize for questions! i dont think you could add anything with the dwarf puffer, but thats based on what ive read, not actual experience.

3. rae64

rae64Well Known MemberMember

From what I have heard, DP' pretty much rip anything in their tank to shreads.

4. harpua2002

harpua2002Fishlore VIPMember

I would not recommend adding anything with the dwarf puffer.

5. xxSTEPHENSxxValued MemberMember

can you put have more than one DP in the same tank? I love the DP's.

6. Prince Powder

Prince PowderWell Known MemberMember

If I recall correctly DP's are highly territorial. Much like male bettas if you mix two males they will fight to the death. You can sometimes get away with a male/female pair providing there are tons of hiding spots, but you would need at least a 10 gallon to do that. I believe that DP's require 5 gallons per fish so in your tank only one would be recommended.

7. Jaysee

Thats what ive read as well.

8. Aquarist

AquaristFishlore LegendMember

9. OP
    OP
    angel_scout

angel_scoutWell Known MemberMember

Thanks for the info. What are some easy to care for live plants? That aren't to expensive?

10. Jaysee

I'd start a new thread in the plant section.

I can't help you with plants.

11. Meenu

MeenuFishlore VIPMember

I thought that puffers do fine with other puffers... 5 gallons per fish, no non-puffer tankmates, but they do okay with each other as long as the tank is heavily planted/decorated. (What I have read, no personal experience)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice